Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

pinkyponk Avatar
pinkyponk Gold Member Adrian Page
Berwick, Nova Scotia, Canada   CAN
X2 for solder it. Or contact your local MG club for a cheap used rad.

Adrian

Home built Eaton M62 Supercharger with 9psi boost, "stock" high ratio rocker arms, 8:1 compression, Piper 270 cam, ported head, matched manifolds, CB Performance computerized ignition.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Nicecar Avatar
Nicecar Gary (ex "Harv") G
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
1980 MG MGB "Red On Red On Red"
"what is your jb weld holding bach harv?"

Holding "Bach's" bust from breaking on Brake Booster.

Oh why do bother & I waste my time on Kuz, who takes so many unwarranted jabs at me for so long, so many issues, including my JB fix years ago? His vitriol was so intense so often, I even used his city name of "Prattville" to shame him, hoping he'd stop.

"Prat" definition: "A stupid or foolish person, and he continues to prove himself to be".

Kuz, who don't knows how to talk good and spels even wurs.

Why? Oh Kuz, just bekuz!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-13 12:28 PM by Nicecar.

Attachments:
Bach, NOT Back.JPG    52 KB
Bach, NOT Back.JPG

kuz1 Avatar
kuz1 Keith Kuzma
Prattville, Alabama, USA   USA
it would have been easier just to answer the question .

In reply to # 3591228 by Nicecar "what is your jb weld holding bach harv?"

Oh, why do I bother?

Oh Kuz, just bekuz!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
BH Davis Avatar
Thompson, CT, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB
But more fun this way smileys with beer

In reply to # 3591229 by kuz1 it would have been easier just to answer the question .

In reply to # 3591228 by Nicecar "what is your jb weld holding bach harv?"

Oh, why do I bother?

Oh Kuz, just bekuz!

CederholmC Avatar
CederholmC Gold Member Carl E. Cederholm
BROOKLYN, NY, USA   USA
1953 Chevrolet Bel Air "The Sled"
1969 MG MGB GT "Supercharged"
1972 MG MGB "Brooklyn B"
1981 Toyota Land Cruiser
X3 solder! Fix it right the first time.

~ Carl

In reply to # 3591218 by pinkyponk X2 for solder it. Or contact your local MG club for a cheap used rad.

Adrian

1972 MGB roadster - 30 over, fast road cam, full peco exhaust, Jeff S. rebuilt 45D Eurospec, Jimmy H. rebuilt HIF4s prestige interior, hood and tonneau cover, Dayton 72 spoke chrome wires, custom center console

1969 MGB GT - Eaton M-45 supercharger, TT stainless exhaust, Jeff S re-curved 25D

Nicecar Avatar
Kuz:

You've been so unfairly critical of me so many times in past. You know what I used JB weld on; that tiny oil leak from cylinder head gasket.

So like the little boy who "cried wolf", I now don't know when you are mocking me or not.

It also saddens me that what should be a simple question from Todd has turned into this. If you want to assure me you'll holster your gun and take no more cheap (or not) pot shots at me, I will lower my defensive attitude and treat you with the respect I try to show all.

kuz1 Avatar
kuz1 Keith Kuzma
Prattville, Alabama, USA   USA
Oh Harv , know I didn't remember what leak you claimed to have stopped. I remember an oil leak and a coolant leak , both of which are under pressure .

sama Avatar
sama Sam A
Hartford, WI, USA   USA
1963 MG MGB ~ For Sale ! ~
I'm still waiting to hear the name of the source for a new radiator for $120. Please post your source

OldDuffer Avatar
OldDuffer Silver Member John S
Eugene, Oregon, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB "Ella B"
1979 MG MGB "Mae B *SOLD*"
There's an aluminum radiator for MGB's on Amazon. $102 with free shipping. Good reviews. Slight mods needed to mounting tabs.
OPL HPR050

I was addicted to the hokey pokey but I turned myself around.

Ex-Calif Avatar
Ex-Calif Gold Member Dan D
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB GT "Bart - Yellow And Naughty"
1977 MG MGB "Red Betty"
2012 Jeep Liberty "Tank"
2014 Hyundai Accent "Skate"
I kinda view this place as a family sorta...

Banter is great. Jibes should be tolerated on both sides - make sure you can take as well as dish. This requires one to be somewhat self deprecating and not to take oneself too seriously.

But without mom to intervene it's hard to tell when it's gone too far and feelings are getting hurt.

One thing for sure, it should be OK to attack ideas but not people.

"Fixing that radiator with JB weld is a dumb idea."

vs. "You are a dumbass for contemplating using JB weld to fix that radiator."

But in the immortal words of Denis Leary, "Life's tough get a f*#king helmet, OK..."

In reply to # 3591280 by Nicecar
It also saddens me that what should be a simple question from Todd has turned into this. If you want to assure me you'll holster your gun and take no more cheap (or not) pot shots at me, I will lower my defensive attitude and treat you with the respect I try to show all.

The goal - Reliable summer driver interspersed with mechanical tinkering...
Motto - "Driving fifty in the twisties..."
On Mods - It's your damn car - Do what you want. Haters gonna hate...
On SUVs - Drive your B like a soccer mom is texting her friends about how she wants to kill you...
Red Betty - http://www.mgexp.com/registry/GHN5UH418165
Bart - http://www.mgexp.com/registry/GHD4U146898G

barry s Avatar
barry s Silver Member Barry Stoll
Alexandria, VA, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB GT
1974 MG MGB
1976 Triumph TR6
1980 MG MGB
Or Gary/Harv could just stop moaning every time he thinks that he has been slighted. Its getting pretty old after 6 years on this forum. Give it a rest!

oleanderjoe Avatar
oleanderjoe Silver Member Joseph Baba
Fresno, Ca, USA   USA
Looked at Amazon Yup Aluminum radiator MGB $102.00 Not a direct replacement. Top spout in wrong place, no side mounting brackets. A little bit of work, and it would be perfect. ?????? They also have them from about $600.00 - over $ 1000.00 Take your pick

sama Avatar
sama Sam A
Hartford, WI, USA   USA
1963 MG MGB ~ For Sale ! ~
Looked at that Amazon radiator also. To say it needs a little work is an understatement. Don't have
a shop here to do THAT kind of redo. Maybe some do.

oleanderjoe Avatar
oleanderjoe Silver Member Joseph Baba
Fresno, Ca, USA   USA
Don't think you need a shop for this. Maybe,?? change the Thermostat housing to the earlier cars, (Turns it to the left side), some Home Depot Channel aluminum to support the radiator. I think it would work, Just Saying.

Nicecar Avatar
Oh I had an inkling that my "second greatest fan" Mr. Barry Stoll, who falls into the same ilk as Kuz, and so many past posts where both pipe in, might indicate "collusion" between the two.

If I erred with Kuz in #17 it's only because of past repeated diatribes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-13 06:40 PM by Nicecar.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster