AutoShrine Sponsor

Ex-Calif Avatar
Ex-Calif Gold Member Dan D
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB GT "Bart - Yellow And Naughty"
1977 MG MGB "Red Betty"
2012 Jeep Liberty "Tank"
2014 Hyundai Accent "Skate"
I have about 20 in my center consloe - running out of room...

I've been thinking about mounting them all on a board for the garage but decorating the garage is still pretty far down the to do list...

The goal - Reliable summer driver interspersed with mechanical tinkering...
Motto - "Driving fifty in the twisties..."
On Mods - It's your damn car - Do what you want. Haters gonna hate...
On SUVs - Drive your B like a soccer mom is texting her friends about how she wants to kill you...
Red Betty - http://www.mgexp.com/registry/GHN5UH418165
Bart - http://www.mgexp.com/registry/GHD4U146898G

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Cornfgl Avatar
Cornfgl Graham Cornford
Bellville, Texas, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB GT V8 "Goose Poop"
In my old MG Club in the UK, we used to have an old boy who actually stuck them on the dash , and it looked really awful. They were everywhere, and interfered with the switches, and half of the time, I don't think he could see the instruments.

I have seen some folks that get a large board that they varnish, and stick them to it, and display in front of their pride and joy at shows.

Me, I used to store them in a box, but now I just keep them laying around until they gather dust or get in the way of a clear up, and chuck-em.

balloonfoot Avatar
balloonfoot Lloyd Faust
Southlake, TEXAS, USA   USA
Max was old school.....he put them on the dash......hence "dash plaque"

" Rules are for the obedience of fools and interpretations of smart men."
Colin Chapman

"Anyone with an intense emotional interest in a subject loses the ability to observe it objectively: You selectively perceive events. You ignore data and facts that disagree with your main philosophy. Even your memory works to fool you, as you selectively retain what you believe in, and subtly mask any memories that might conflict."

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_2058.JPG    41.6 KB
IMG_2058.JPG

Fieldbuilder Avatar
Fieldbuilder Kevin Hart
North Carolina, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB "RAT"
1974 MG MGB "RED"
1977 MG MGB "BaLou"
Took an empty picture frame, put Black paper in it, stuck the little plaques to the glass.

Arimathea Tessa Lucero
Santa Clarita, California, USA   USA
Same thing I do with medals from races (I'm a runner) -- attach a hook and hang them on the Christmas tree. They get displayed about 1 month a year and then packed up and stored away, no mess. Another advantage to both plaques and medals is they're usually unbreakable, which makes them a good option for the bottom part of the tree. The cats like to play with them and they can't break the metal plaques like they can glass ornaments.

Grahamhaber Avatar
Grahamhaber Graham Haber
Dingman Township. Pa., NYC,New York, USA   USA
I attach them to sheet magnets trimmed to size and stick them on the slam panel. If I get too many or don't like how they look I can re-arrainge them on take them off without damage.

jjh1118 Avatar
jjh1118 Jim Hargrave
Bogota, NJ, USA   USA
1975 MG MGB "The Little Car"
I attach mine to the front of my workbench. I am running out space though. Anyway if this is my biggest problem I'm a lucky guy!

geezer Avatar
geezer Silver Member charles durning
Magee, Mississippi, USA   USA
1958 MG Magnette ZB "Chick Magnette (sold)"
1967 Morris Minor 1000 Saloon (2-door) "Marvin"
1974 MG MGB GT
In a past life I stuck them on the dash of my old beater '62 Toyota Land Cruiser. It had a big flat dash. For the MG, the only practical place I would think would be inside of the bonnet, on the firewall between the boot and the cabin, or inside of the boot lid. I have no idea what happened to my MG plaques. The wife must have stashed them somewhere and the Toyota plaques are in the possession of the new owner.

Who's version of right are we talking about? When you get 10 LBC owners in a room you'll get 12 different answers.

Gary E Avatar
Gary E Silver Member Gary Edwards
Kernersville, ,N.C., USA   USA
After 45 years of going to events I just toss them in a black silver bowl (black from tarnish) that used to be a trophy.

Gary

nickj Avatar
nickj Gold Member Nick Jenkins
Novato, Marin Co, CA, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB GT
1972 MG MGB
Under the trunk (boot) lid. Back when I had a trunk (boot).

ourmg Avatar
ourmg Silver Member George Heissenberger
Victor, New York, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB "Parts"
1973 MG MGB MkIII "OUR MG- The Old Girl"
2006 Mini Cooper "Greta's Mini"
2014 BMW MINI Countryman "Maxi"
In reply to # 3590852 by Gleno Over the last couple of years I have collected a few car show plaques. What do you all do with them?
Glen
74 MGB

I have them mounted and framed so they are on display

"OUR MG" Glacier White 1973 MGB, owned since 1983. Factory hardtop. Member MG Car Club Western New York Centre
"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

saanich2006 Avatar
saanich2006 Robert Browning
Atlanta, Georgia, USA   USA
For my job, I do a lot of training and speaking for companies and conferences. For some reason they all feel obligated to give you a plaque of some sort.

A little while back I counted over 50 of these type awards. They are all in cardboard file boxes. I started thinking that someday when I die, since they not mean anything to anyone else, they will end up in a dumpster somewhere.

So, I have started removing the face of the plaques and using the wooden bases for other projects.

As for my car awards, I have about ten and they are also all in a box in my garage.

I wish they would come up with something new or useful to give out to people,

"He had delusions of adequacy."

Law of Mechanical Repair - After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee.

mrkenmgb Avatar
mrkenmgb Ken DeLEEUW
Ormond Beach, Florida, USA   USA
1996 MG MGF "Green Machine"
Got myself a wicker picnic basket and glued them to cover the basket. I think it looked cool and used to carry it to car shows and display it on my luggage rack. When I had a "B".
Ken

Ex-Calif Avatar
Ex-Calif Gold Member Dan D
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB GT "Bart - Yellow And Naughty"
1977 MG MGB "Red Betty"
2012 Jeep Liberty "Tank"
2014 Hyundai Accent "Skate"
I am a real packrat when it comes to stuff.

I have become the "unofficial" memorabilia guy for my family holding on to grandparent and parent stuff...

I started saving all the "junk" that gets handed out in car show swag bags for a while. I recently decided that I have enough mini folding a-frame calendars from dentist offices - LOL. I know pick out anything useful and am hard core about tossing it in the dumpster.

I am also getting more brutal about clothes and have adopted a 1-in/1-out policy. I used to have a walk in closet filled with crap. I can probably pack my sea bag in 1-hour with everything I would need to abandon my current life. Ready for witness protection - LOL...

I am collecting a lot of MG stuff but that's fine. It's my current hobby.

In reply to # 3593973 by saanich2006 For my job, I do a lot of training and speaking for companies and conferences. For some reason they all feel obligated to give you a plaque of some sort.

A little while back I counted over 50 of these type awards. They are all in cardboard file boxes. I started thinking that someday when I die, since they not mean anything to anyone else, they will end up in a dumpster somewhere.

So, I have started removing the face of the plaques and using the wooden bases for other projects.

As for my car awards, I have about ten and they are also all in a box in my garage.

I wish they would come up with something new or useful to give out to people,

The goal - Reliable summer driver interspersed with mechanical tinkering...
Motto - "Driving fifty in the twisties..."
On Mods - It's your damn car - Do what you want. Haters gonna hate...
On SUVs - Drive your B like a soccer mom is texting her friends about how she wants to kill you...
Red Betty - http://www.mgexp.com/registry/GHN5UH418165
Bart - http://www.mgexp.com/registry/GHD4U146898G

ourmg Avatar
ourmg Silver Member George Heissenberger
Victor, New York, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB "Parts"
1973 MG MGB MkIII "OUR MG- The Old Girl"
2006 Mini Cooper "Greta's Mini"
2014 BMW MINI Countryman "Maxi"
I affixed the first couple of dash plaques I got to the MGB dash. After those four or so I then mounted and framed my dash plaques so I have three or four framed collections going back to 1977.

"OUR MG" Glacier White 1973 MGB, owned since 1983. Factory hardtop. Member MG Car Club Western New York Centre
"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster