AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Gleno Avatar
Gleno Glen Ogilvie
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
1974 MG MGB
Over the last couple of years I have collected a few car show plaques. What do you all do with them?
Glen
74 MGB

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Emil Wojcik Avatar
Metuchen, NJ, USA   USA
I have 25-30 trophies and plaques for the MG and 356 and I used to have the trophies on a ledge above the cars and the plaques on the windowsills. But after a few years, I realized how much dust they collected so I ended up putting them in a couple boxes in the shed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-12 03:57 PM by Emil Wojcik.

Steve S Avatar
On The Road, Lost in So Cal, USA   USA
All the trophies and plaques are in a box in the attic.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Andrys Posthuma Avatar
Delft, Z-H, Netherlands   NLD
1935 MG N-Type Magnette
1969 Jaguar E-Type 2+2 "The E"
1976 MG MGB GT "The B"
When reading this thread, I can't stop myself thinking about Doc Hudson from the Disney movie 'Cars'. "All I see is just empty cups!"

Jim63 Avatar
Jim63 Gold Member Jim S
Bartlesville, Oklahoma, USA   USA
1963 MG MGB MkI "Iris"
Line them up in front of your car and take a picture. Then pack them away and frame your photo. Car and trophies all in once small place to show. You may have to take them out again if you keep adding to the lot.

Jim

Attachments:
IMG_6828.JPG    53.6 KB
IMG_6828.JPG

Gleno Avatar
Gleno Glen Ogilvie
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
1974 MG MGB
I guess I wasn't clear enough in my original question. And perhaps they have another name other than plaque. Badge? I don't know.
What I'm asking about is the show plaques that they give you when you register for a car show. They measure about 1" x 2". I think their intention is to be attached to your dash somehow. Or on the back of the car somewhere?
But I haven't seen other people doing that with them. As a matter of fact I don't think I've seen any, any place on a car.
Glen
74 MGB

HeathRacing Avatar
HeathRacing Silver Member Heath Racing
Tennessee, USA   USA
1959 MG MGA
1971 MG MGB GT
Glen,
I have a ton of the dash plaques from 30 years of vintage racing. I get a wall plaque at a craft store and attach the dash plaques. One will hold a lot of the dash plaques. Looks good on the wall with the car pictures.
Stan Heath

Emil Wojcik Avatar
Metuchen, NJ, USA   USA
Glen, yeah, those are the kind of plaques I assumed you meant when I posted. They're meant to stick on a surface, like a dash or wall, etc. But if you plan to stick them to your dash you'll likely run out of room quickly, plus I think it ruins the look of the dash.

As I said in my first post, I lined them up on the windowsills in the garage but eventually just packed them away.

pleblanc1206 Avatar
pleblanc1206 Gold Member Pierre Leblanc
Saline, MI, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB GT "The MG"
2013 Scion FR-S
Dash plaques. But I wouldn't even think of putting them on my dashboard. After you've gone to a number of events there would not be space for more and they will be difficult to remove without damage.

1974 MGB-GT: black-label overdrive, essentially stock detoxed engine, Schlemmerized distributor.

LannM Avatar
LannM Platinum Member Lann Mauck
Claremore, Oklahoma, USA   USA
1958 MG Magnette ZB Varitone "The Queen"
1963 MG MGB
1967 MG MGB GT
Glen:

I get the question.

Some of the car shows take a picture of your car or you can take one yourself. Whatever, take a picture you like mount it in one half of a double frame. In the other half use some craft felt for a background and put the dash plaque in the other half.

Frames and craft felt are at Michael's or Wal-Mart.

I've got a bunch of these on the wall in my home office. They provide a nice history / timeline of car activities.

The pictures attached have some glare but you'll get the idea.

Lann

Lann Mauck
Three Main LLC
Desktop Badge Bars and other odds and ends
www.ThreeMainLLC.com

Member Services:
Desk Top Badge Bars, GT Spare Tire Cover Strut Kits, Dipstick Toppers and other odds and ends.

Attachments:
GT Ozarks.jpg    40.6 KB
GT Ozarks.jpg

Queen Delavan.jpg    38.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
angliagt Avatar
angliagt Doug Milota
Eureka, California, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB GT "The MG"
Make a Shadow Box,sealed in glass to keep out dust.

Steve S Avatar
On The Road, Lost in So Cal, USA   USA
Oh, dash plaques. In that case, they are all in a big glass mug that I got as a trophy several years ago, and the mug is in the back of a storage drawer in my home office behind a bunch of car magazines I'll never read but refuse to throw away.

JoeReed Avatar
JoeReed Gold Member Joe Reed
Cordova, Tennessee, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB "Kermit"
I have a bunch of them stuck on my tool chest...

fordgt Avatar
fordgt Gold Member Gary Ford
Gainesville, FL, USA   USA
1969 MG MGB
1969 MG MGB
I stuck them to the inside of the walk through door into my shop..

I aspire to be the person my dog thinks I am.

Gary
1974 DeTomaso Pantera (done!!)
1969 MGB (almost finished!!)
1973 Cougar XR7 Ragtop (next project in line)

bleteaches6 Avatar
bleteaches6 Lee Orphan
Bonney Lake, Washington, USA   USA
I have a dry erase board that I have put them onto in the shop

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster