AutoShrine Sponsor

Noble66 Avatar
Noble66 Gold Member Noble Bradford
Orlando, Florida, USA   USA
1964 MG MGB "Black Betty"
1969 MG MGC GT
1974 MG MGB "Whitey"
Missed it by that much!!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_0322.JPG    58.8 KB
IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_0324.JPG    54.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
barrybarnes Avatar
barrybarnes Silver Member Barry Barnes
Reno, Nevada, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB "ZoooomB"
Congratulations on saving your GT (it's beautiful) - sorry about the tree (looks like it was beautiful as well).

Mustangsix Avatar
Mustangsix Gold Member Jack Collins
Orlando, FL, USA   USA
Noble,

So happy all is well!

We dodged a few here as well. One big one blocking the rear door as well as a bunch of branches. Lots of water in the low spots. You should come see Lake Duda on Mitchell Hammock behind the shop!

Still no power but that should come back in a day or so. All customer cars are ok in our shop.

Just need to clean up now.

Hope all is well with our friends elsewhere.

Member Services:
Ceres Motorsports - Specialty parts for select British Automobiles

Attachments:
20170912_103249.jpg    89.3 KB
20170912_103249.jpg

Diver648 Gold Member Warren Siringer
Tucson, Arizona, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB
1967 MG MGB GT
1971 MG MGB GT
1974 MG MGB
FPL estimates 10 days for the West Coast and longer if downed trees on lines etc. I hope Mike Ruckman made out okay in Tampa. New shipments of generators arrived today but probably pretty pricey.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Noble66 Avatar
1969 MG MGC GT
1974 MG MGB "Whitey"
In reply to # 3591004 by barrybarnes Congratulations on saving your GT (it's beautiful) - sorry about the tree (looks like it was beautiful as well).

Thanks Barrie. Don't tell anyone I posted a C/GT picture on the B forum!!

Noble66 Avatar
1969 MG MGC GT
1974 MG MGB "Whitey"
In reply to # 3591026 by Mustangsix Noble,

So happy all is well!

We dodged a few here as well. One big one blocking the rear door as well as a bunch of branches. Lots of water in the low spots. You should come see Lake Duda on Mitchell Hammock behind the shop!

Still no power but that should come back in a day or so. All customer cars are ok in our shop.

Just need to clean up now.

Hope all is well with our friends elsewhere.

Jack, I'm so glad that the shop and your home came through the storm in good shape. Duke Energy said the power will be back on at my place "by" Sunday night. Let's hope "by" means sooner. Cold showers and sweating while you sleep flat out sucks!!

Old Salt David Yager
Bushnell, Florida, USA   USA
1977 MG MGB
I have been on pins and needles for the past 3 days and finally received word from the people next door that there was no damage to my place just south of Bushnell.
Thankfully the B was up here in Mich. My thoughts and good wishes go out to all those who didn't fair as well.

Jeepstang Avatar
Jeepstang Gary Alvino
Beverly Hills, Florida, USA   USA
No damage to house or cars, just lots of debris all over the yard.
Lost power Sunday night, they said it would be out till at least the weekend, been using the generator off and on.
Woke up today and found a gas station open 13 miles away, waited on line for 45 minutes and when I got to the pump all they had left was premium, I'll take it!
Got home, unloaded the 10 gallons and we had POWER back on.......I hope my Jeep and wife's Explorer can handle the special treat fueldrinking smiley

DaSpyda Avatar
DaSpyda Gold Member Don Alexander
Lakeland, Florida, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB ~ For Sale ! ~
1970 MG MGB
The "bad" part of the eye went right through Lakeland. I was able to secure my '70 B in a downtown concrete garage structure.

Water intrusion in the soffit, but very minor, some limbs and branches.

Power is still off... hot smiley

Don
1970 MGB

princetn1 Avatar
princetn1 Gold Member Mike Ruckman
Tampa, Florida, USA   USA
1971 MG MGB "Lil' Car"
Only small limbs and leaves covering the yard and street. No house, tree, or MG damage. It could have been so much worse!!!

Member Services:
I've restored Nardi, Personal, Mountney, MotoLita, Les Leston, and even bakelite banjo wheels.

Attachments:
IMG_7711.JPG    83.9 KB
IMG_7711.JPG

Michael74MGB Avatar
Michael74MGB Michael Austin
Odessa, TX, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB MkIII "Maggy"
Glad you guys made it through! I live in west Texas, pretty much "on the road" to Mexico. I've already seen some flooded vehicles (probably out of Houston) being hauled presumably to Mexico for "refitting". No doubt these things will appear back in the U.S. at an auction somewhere with a washed title.

74 MGB: APT VP11 cam, lifters, valve springs; 9:1; ported head; TT exhaust; vernier timing gear; wizard aluminum radiator; dizzy by Jeff S.; stock HIF4's; it goes on and on.....

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster