Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

NSFW Avatar
NSFW Rob S.
Pembroke, Massachusetts, USA   USA
Anyone got an MGB radiator out of the car and could measure it up for me?

Height, length, thickness?

Thank you.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
barry s Avatar
barry s Silver Member Barry Stoll
Alexandria, VA, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB GT
1974 MG MGB
1976 Triumph TR6
1980 MG MGB
They are not all the same size.

barrybarnes Avatar
barrybarnes Silver Member Barry Barnes
Reno, Nevada, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB "ZoooomB"
Post the year so members can help you out.

NSFW Avatar
NSFW Rob S.
Sorry, it's for a 1971.

barrybarnes Avatar
barrybarnes Silver Member Barry Barnes
Reno, Nevada, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB "ZoooomB"
Did a good bit of research on this. According to what I found, a 1968-1976 radiator is 21-1/2" from the outer edge of one mounting tab to the outer edge of the opposite tab (since the tabs overlap the mounting area, the radiator is roughly 3" or so less than that). Its height is 14" from to bottom to the top (not including the filler neck). It's 3-3/16" inches thick. Without going out and verifying mine, that's as close as I can come. I hope this helps.

CARS: Just starting a 73 MGB; restored highly-modified 78 MGB, 70 MGB, three 50 Fords, and 68 Mustang. COLLECTOR: Antique carpentry tools, auto & woodworking tools, automobilia, license plates, scale models (cars, pickups, trucks, buildings, airplanes, ships, trains); birdhouses; books; pictures (barns, cars, planes); miniature carved animals, small lamps; Indian items; 1890s-1960s cameras, 1930s-50s radios, 50’s & 60’s memorabilia, more. CRAFTSMAN: Woodworking; creative fabricator. DO-IT-YOURSELFER: Built home; doubled size of another; added rooms to several houses; current home remodel; 4 large irrigation systems, 3 huge landscaping projects. ENERGY: Built off-grid solar & wind system for my small farm; currently have on-grid photovoltaic system (100% of electrical needs); built energy-efficient pool system; installed solar pool heating system. READING: Historical fiction, mysteries, non-fiction. WRITING: Essays, blogs, social networking. LEARNING: Alternative energy, anthropology, archeology, autos, behavioral typology, climatology, comparative religion, economics, history, human migrations, geology, linguistics, politics, psychology, sociology, systemics, values analysis, world-view thinking. KNOWLEDGE: Respect facts, logic, thinking; research constantly; devalue opinions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-12 09:41 PM by barrybarnes.

dohc281 Avatar
dohc281 Ira Eckstein
Laurel Springs, New Jersey, USA   USA
Radiator technology has improved since our cars were manufactured. I had my radiator recored last winter and the number of fines and rows of fins were increased using today's technology. The shop said they could recore it like it was 1967 or like today's radiators. Since my car is a driver I had him use today's way and it can sit in traffic and not over heat. This is with a three blade fan.

If you hit your pony over the nose at the outset of your acquaintance, he may not love you, but he will take a deep interest in your movements ever afterwards.

Rudyard Kipling

NSFW Avatar
NSFW Rob S.
Thank you !

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster