AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

angliagt Avatar
angliagt Doug Milota
Eureka, California, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB GT "The MG"
In reply to # 3569079 by paul74 Thanks Doug. I drive to often to have it parked somewhere else.
27th? Too bad. I will be taking Ani back to school that weekend.
Where you guys going?

Crescent City,maybe Trees of Mystery.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
Ex-Calif Avatar
Ex-Calif Gold Member Dan D
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB GT "Bart - Yellow And Naughty"
1977 MG MGB "Red Betty"
2012 Jeep Liberty "Tank"
2014 Hyundai Accent "Skate"
My townhouse has basically a 2 1/2 car garage - sort of L shaped. I can get 2 MGs and my Jeep in there. But I couldn't work at the same time. And it's getting crowded with parts storage shelves, work benches and stuff.

Other (smaller) units in my complex have no garages but there are rows of single garages rented separately. I asked the office if anyone could rent them even if they had an attached. Sure thing - first come first served basis. I rented an extra garage for $60 and one of the MGs and few odds and sods lives there.

When I buy my next LBC I'll just rent another garage - I might event get one for a machine/engine shop - LOL...

In reply to # 3571311 by Landsailor A garage is a luxury but really does keep fussy machines happy.. My 5 yr old Vespa 150XL has always been
Kept inside my small shop/shed & has never given me a problem..
My question is how small could a detached garage be & still be useful for tinkering with B's ?

The goal - Reliable summer driver interspersed with mechanical tinkering...
Motto - "Driving fifty in the twisties..."
On Mods - It's your damn car - Do what you want. Haters gonna hate...
On SUVs - Drive your B like a soccer mom is texting her friends about how she wants to kill you...
Red Betty - http://www.mgexp.com/registry/GHN5UH418165
Bart - http://www.mgexp.com/registry/GHD4U146898G

pippatch Avatar
pippatch John Sugden
St. Albert, Alberta, Canada   CAN
1969 MG MGB GT
1976 MG MGB "Baby Boo"
2016 Honda Fit
Check the verbiage of your insurance policy. If you're with Hagerty or Grundy (etc) you need to store the car in a garage, etc.
[/quote]

X2 Hagerty requires a secure (lockable) storage area

John & Marge Sugden
1976 MGB Roadster
1969 MGB GT

Defender405 Avatar
Defender405 Silver Member Chris B.
Des Moines, Iowa, USA   USA
1975 MG MGB
I lived with a small 2 car for 15+ years. I decided that once I built my next house I would make the garage large enough that I would never outgrow it. This house has room for 6 cars parked on the ground and the tandem area is reinforced so that I can install 2 lifts of the 4 post storage variety. I need the lifts now, as the 6 primary parking places are all full. Your needs will always expand to fit the space allotted.
Here is a photo from last year while it was under construction.

Chris AKA "Defender405"
1975 MGB
1979 Porsche 924
1999 Porsche 996
1987 Nissan 300ZX

Attachments:
Madison Garage const..jpg    31.6 KB
Madison Garage const..jpg

JVL Avatar
JVL Jim Lecesse
Raynham, Massachusetts, USA   USA
1969 Hillman Imp
1970 MG MGB GT "Rose"
1970 MG Midget "The Midget" ~ For Sale ! ~
1980 Caterham Seven Seven
I have a two car garage.. with FIVE little British cars in it!

I'm hoping to downsize the collection to two cars. Getting all that space back might be dangerous, though.

Steve S. Stephen Strange
Harrisonburg, Virginia, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB MkII "The Mouse Trap"
Paul-
No way that our cars are going to be left exposed to the natural elements, or to the anti-social elements either. I have a 2,800-square-foot walk-out basement that I converted into my workshop. What with double doors I can get a car in there, no problem. Do you have a basement that you can convert into a shop for your work projects?

paul74 Avatar
paul74 Paul Gurnee
Ferndale, CA, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB
I have a car cover. While it works ok I really dont like having to uncover and recover every time I need/want to go somewhere. I drive a lot.

Fortunately the town I live in is relatively 'safe' in terms of property vandalism, very little of any crime for that matter.
We are a small town of 500 surrounded by dairy farms and ranches, both of which produce as much pot as milk or meat.
It is what makes this part of the world go 'round.
There are other areas of this county that do experience significantly more serious crime, we are lucky.

Garage. Simply can not afford it. I have had the car in a quonset shaped fabric shelter for years. My thought had been to convert that. Nevermind.
Parking on the street. I have been persuaded to abandon that idea. The access to the quonset is thru the alley. I can easily drive in and out. I will keep it as the 'garage'.

Between the quonset and fence line I have a clear 6' walkway to the side yard. I have room to put up a 20*12 fabric structure on a solid wood floor.
Perfect? No. But going from no space to 240 sq ft will do just fine. I will gladly sacrifice a little yard for a little shop.

Had a basement in VA. Loved it. I don't know of any here in CA. We shake too much. lol.
Thanks guys
Paul

phatt Paul Hatter
central california, USA   USA
Paul, It's much drier here. Where I live my water is at 320 ft. Some of the very old houses do have basements. I knew a guy in the early 70s who lived in his mom's basement. The city/state took the house and built a freeway where it stood. She was paid for it. paul

74GTBob Avatar
74GTBob Bob Riebli
Ephrata, Washington, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB GT
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB GT
Since we have 4 MGBs, 2 PUs , 2 tractors, 1 horse trailer and 2 cars we ran out of garage space a long time ago. We have a 20 x 40 and a 24 x 24 shop. This year we decided that we needed to get 2 more of the MGs under cover .We sell storage sheds where I still work part time.

This was our solution. 2 10' x 20' sheds with a 7' double doors. They built it with a stronger floor for me. I put a 4' storage loft in front for storage.

Attachments:
IMG_3008 (640x480).jpg    46.5 KB
IMG_3008 (640x480).jpg

IMG_2795 (640x480).jpg    38.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
reinstein Avatar
reinstein RT G
Staples, Ontario, Canada   CAN
1954 MG TF "Alice" ~ For Sale ! ~
All of my trucks. cars, trailers, boats and equipment are stored indoors.
A 40x60 shop , a 32x120 - 7 bay warehouse and a 2 car garage on the house.
Keeps everything clean , dry and rust free.

Attachments:
June 2016 MGTF 012.JPG    71 KB
June 2016 MGTF 012.JPG

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster