AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

gray Avatar
gray Graham Moore
CAMBRIDGE, CAMBRIDGE, UK   GBR
heat shield....

anyone else?

G

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
mgb heat shield.jpg    28.9 KB
mgb heat shield.jpg

Ken Plumstead Avatar
Smithers, B.C., Canada   CAN
1965 MG MGB
1968 MG MGC GT
OK, that looks good. More information please. MGB???

Ken

MG: Transforming gasoline into Fun!!!

GMB3 Avatar
GMB3 George Badger
Soquel, CA, USA   USA
1965 Jaguar E-Type Coupe "1QUICK E"
1968 MG MGB "1QUICK B"
Would one really want to wrap the transmission in an insulating layer, trapping heat in?

Just askin'.

---
GEO

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mgv8glen Avatar
mgv8glen Glenn Towery
Dover, Delaware, USA   USA
Was used with the U.S. cars with the cat. converter 76? to 80. I put them in all of my V-8 cars to stop some of the heat with the exhaust on the drivers side.

balloonfoot Avatar
balloonfoot Gold Member Lloyd Faust
Southlake, TEXAS, USA   USA
OEM on '77<'80 NA MGBs

Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

"Anyone with an intense emotional interest in a subject loses the ability to observe it objectively: You selectively perceive events. You ignore data and facts that disagree with your main philosophy. Even your memory works to fool you, as you selectively retain what you believe in, and subtly mask any memories that might conflict."

MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
Still available Glenn? My UK car has an asbestos version.

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell (with extensive bodywork to come). Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. And a whole lot more to yet to come. Stealth is the word.

coffeemung9920 Avatar
coffeemung9920 Gold Member James C
Inman, SC, USA   USA
1971 MG MGB "Miss Take"
1972 MG MGB "Bee 44"
1999 Ford F-150 Pickup 4WD
2010 Mini Cooper    & more
I want one. So it is off to the salvage yard of secret MGB parts. Gimme that.

The problem with political jokes is that they too often get elected.

balloonfoot Avatar
balloonfoot Gold Member Lloyd Faust
Southlake, TEXAS, USA   USA
In reply to # 3569154 by coffeemung9920 I want one. So it is off to the salvage yard of secret MGB parts. Gimme that.

Bring your battery powered drill..... they are pop riveted on.

Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

"Anyone with an intense emotional interest in a subject loses the ability to observe it objectively: You selectively perceive events. You ignore data and facts that disagree with your main philosophy. Even your memory works to fool you, as you selectively retain what you believe in, and subtly mask any memories that might conflict."

gray Avatar
gray Graham Moore
CAMBRIDGE, CAMBRIDGE, UK   GBR
if anyone uk wants one. i know where there is one for sale.
G

MGB567 Avatar
So is that in #1 asbestos or made of metal?It looks too shiny to be what I have on my GT but that could just be because the outside is covered in grunge. That one appears to be symmetrical whereas mine's only covering the passenger underside of the tunnel.

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell (with extensive bodywork to come). Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. And a whole lot more to yet to come. Stealth is the word.

MGTONYGB Avatar
MGTONYGB Tony C
London Uk, UK   GBR
MGB567 Avatar
Mmm looking at the ebay link and again the pic in #1 I can see that that's what I've got - maybe mine's a lot cleaner on the outside and looks like those. I wonder why they didn't make it full size and why it's called a gearbox guard at least by the seller who won't ship outside UK.

minotaure andy k
Nice, Cote d'azur, France   FRA
I bought one of these in the spring. Looking to fit at the end of the year, does anyone know if it can be manipulated into place without dropping the transmission?

MGB567 Avatar
No one answered you Andy so I'll apply logic based on mine - No. It's fixed by some sort of rivet that I don't think penetrate the inside; I can't tell for sure because mostly my inside is covered by Dynamat courtesy of a PO except on the top of the tunnel and I see no protrusions. Even if you don't replicate the Factory fixing how are you going to secure it with the gearbox in the way?

minotaure andy k
Nice, Cote d'azur, France   FRA
i thought as much, thx

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster