Jusdon Supercharged Sprite

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

OCDHerb Herb Goede
Colorado, USA   USA
Need some help converting to a weber carb. Can anyone help?

Herb

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
pinkyponk Avatar
pinkyponk Gold Member Adrian Page
Berwick, Nova Scotia, Canada   CAN
What's on it now? Just curious.

Adrian

Home built Eaton M62 Supercharger with 9psi boost, "stock" high ratio rocker arms, 8:1 compression, Piper 270 cam, ported head, matched manifolds, CB Performance computerized ignition.

OCDHerb Herb Goede
Colorado, USA   USA
Holley 1904.

riley1489 Avatar
riley1489 Gold Member Bruce H
Great White North, QC, Canada   CAN
1953 Jaguar XK120
1959 Riley 1.5 "King George"
1973 MG MGB
Maybe talk with the AH Sprite forum members?

B

Check your ego Amigo!

Speedracer Avatar
Speedracer Platinum Member Hap Waldrop
Greenville, SC, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB Racecar "The Biscuit"
Yep the Holley the Judsons came with are a pitiful little one barrel, non adjustable carb, I think I remember someone saying that they had used a SU on one before, and i sure that would require some sort of adapter. We did a hot rod 948 (I know those two things put in same sentence is a chuckle, hot rod 948 ) anyway it was built for a vintage Sherrock S/C and those use a single H6 carbs, here's a pic of it.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000
hapwaldrop@acmespeedshop.com

Member Services:
MG/ Triumph Performance Street/Race Engines - Cylinder Head Porting - Modified SU HS Carbs - DIY Engine Rebuild Kits With Free Tech Advice - Alloy wheels for British Sport Cars,and others

Attachments:
KGsc-5.jpg    53.1 KB
KGsc-5.jpg

riley1489 Avatar
riley1489 Gold Member Bruce H
Great White North, QC, Canada   CAN
1953 Jaguar XK120
1959 Riley 1.5 "King George"
1973 MG MGB
I came across this 'adapter' on eBay a while back.

It is no longer listed but may serve to inspire?

B

Check your ego Amigo!

Attachments:
BH_shorrock.JPG    11.9 KB
BH_shorrock.JPG

ozieagle Avatar
ozieagle Gold Member Herb Adler
Geelong Victoria, Australia   AUS
1958 Wolseley 1500 "Wooly"
1966 MG MGB "Bl**dy B"
Sheesh...that supercharger is nearly as big as the engine!

Herb

Questions about prostate cancer? Click here to join the discussion

Speedracer Avatar
Speedracer Platinum Member Hap Waldrop
Greenville, SC, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB Racecar "The Biscuit"
Herb, you said a mouthful there, LOL, here's a view that show just how much real estate this charger takes up, but all fit under the bonnet of Bugeye Sprite. The car this engine is going is clone of a factory works rally aluminum bodied Mark 1 Sprite. They were actually two of these works cars, one blown, one normally aspirated, and my customer is cloning both cars, so we just finished the normally aspirated motor, it is 948 taken to FIA 1000cc rules. These cars were rebodied in the UK in aluminum, they have a more laid back windscreen rake than your normal Bugeye, and they have custom aluminum hard-top, and custom made side curtains. The final restorations are being done by Skunk River Restorations in Iowa, which is a awesome restoration shop. I feel very honored to be fortunate enough to work on such projects.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000
hapwaldrop@acmespeedshop.com

Member Services:
MG/ Triumph Performance Street/Race Engines - Cylinder Head Porting - Modified SU HS Carbs - DIY Engine Rebuild Kits With Free Tech Advice - Alloy wheels for British Sport Cars,and others
rbastedo Avatar
rbastedo Rick Bastedo
Snoqualmie, WA, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB
Hap, you've got me wanting more...
Where's the pictures?

In reply to # 3554088 by Speedracer Herb, you said a mouthful there, LOL, here's a view that show just how much real estate this charger takes up, but all fit under the bonnet of Bugeye Sprite. The car this engine is going is clone of a factory works rally aluminum bodied Mark 1 Sprite. They were actually two of these works cars, one blown, one normally aspirated, and my customer is cloning both cars, so we just finished the normally aspirated motor, it is 948 taken to FIA 1000cc rules. These cars were rebodied in the UK in aluminum, they have a more laid back windscreen rake than your normal Bugeye, and they have custom aluminum hard-top, and custom made side curtains. The final restorations are being done by Skunk River Restorations in Iowa, which is a awesome restoration shop. I feel very honored to be fortunate enough to work on such projects.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster