Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

barryj Silver Member Barry Jacobs
Solon, ohio, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB MkIV "OMG, O My Gosh It Broken Again"
I went Jewish services Friday night in my MG, it was a beautiful night and no hint of rain( I had top down)Kept eye out during service and still no rain. I left and saw there was rain on the cars. I thought that my car would be really wet. I got to my car and a person had put a tarp over the car. I was totally blown away that someone noticed and had a tarp in their car.
The gentleman had left his business card on my seat, I called him and thanked him over and over and made arrangements to get the tarp back to him. He said when pulling out of the parking lot he noticed that it was raining and the top was down on my car.
Just when you think that no one cares this happened

Edit Reply Quote Report
Was this post helpful or interesting?
Yes No Thank

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
HoosierMGB Avatar
HoosierMGB Gold Member Steve Koller
South Bend, Indiana, USA   USA
1976 MG MGB
Thanks for sharing!

Steve

"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood"
Daniel H. Burnham, Architect

1976 MGB - pretty much stock but with a few sundry deviations

stuntflyr Avatar
stuntflyr Chris McMillin
Catalina, Foothills, USA   USA
Super cool. We can look out for one another!
Chris...

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
warekl Avatar
warekl Silver Member Keith Ware
White Bear Lake Mn, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB GT
1979 MG MGB
Nice to hear!

USMC ... Semper Fi
79 RB Lowered, HS4s by Dave Braun & "Schlemmerized" 25D Dizzy, 9.5:1 CR, Mild Performance Cam, 18V with OD Tranny.

73 GT in Black Tulip

oleanderjoe Avatar
oleanderjoe Silver Member Joseph Baba
Fresno, Ca, USA   USA
NICE STORY TIME> ?? Last summer I sold my little Toyota Truck to a family here in Fresno. They bough it for their 16 Year old Grandson. (First Car) About March this year, the headlights refused to turn on. The young man brought it over to me so we could get it fixed. After a day and a half, we had it rewired. A week later, guess what comes in the mail. A THANK YOU CARD, (Cursve Hand Writing and Signed ) When was the last time any body did that ?? Especially a 16 year old. 'CUDO'S TO HIS PARENTS AND GRAND PARENTS"

Ex-Calif Avatar
Ex-Calif Gold Member Dan D
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB GT "Bart - Yellow And Naughty"
1977 MG MGB "Red Betty"
2012 Jeep Liberty "Tank"
2014 Hyundai Accent "Skate"
This is a great case for the "full" Tonenau cover. I hadn't been using mine much but on my last road trip I switched the shorty boot for the full cover thinking it would be good for overnight cover.

I convinced myself this is the ticket. Anytime the roadster is out of sight a quick zip and I don't have to worry about a pop up shower. When parked overnight it is a slight deterrent in that what can't be seen is often not a temptation to a quick act of vandalism.

The goal - Reliable summer driver interspersed with mechanical tinkering...
Motto - "Driving fifty in the twisties..."
On Mods - It's your damn car - Do what you want. Haters gonna hate...
On SUVs - Drive your B like a soccer mom is texting her friends about how she wants to kill you...
Red Betty - http://www.mgexp.com/registry/GHN5UH418165
Bart - http://www.mgexp.com/registry/GHD4U146898G

Nicecar Avatar
Nicecar Gary (ex "Harv") G
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
1980 MG MGB "Red On Red On Red"
This is pure decency and thought for others, sadly too rare.

Mazeltov

Was he Jewish too?

I am, and would be nice to know if he were "of the tribe".

barryj Silver Member Barry Jacobs
Solon, ohio, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB MkIV "OMG, O My Gosh It Broken Again"
Hi
Yes he was member of tribe, he was leaving services

Barry

lewisrn Avatar
lewisrn Gold Member Bob L
Danville, Indiana, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "The "B"
In reply to # 3553380 by Ex-Calif This is a great case for the "full" Tonneau cover.

X2 - or get one of the Moss "cockpit covers" which is quick and easy to attach any time you park. I've had one for 5 years or more and I use it all the time.

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=29556&SortOrder=10

"Trying to get through to some people is like listening to the smell of the color nine."
Herb & Jamaal

It's how you react that matters. There's not a pill for maturity.

Discocontented Avatar
Discocontented Erik Walter
MN, Crystal, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB "Vivian"
That's a great story! As Gary pointed out, human decency.

Dan - I have been using my tonneau daily because my garage is full of projects. We have had several storms (branches coming down, power going out sorts of storms) and so far the worst has happened is water spots on the inside of my windshield.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster