AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

red79mgb Avatar
red79mgb Robert Maurer
Marietta, USA   USA
1979 MG MGB
1979 MG MGB
Hi need to replace my alternator on my 79B. I replaced it with one that fit a ford Fiesta back in 2007 was a drop right in no wire or bracket adjustments does anyone recall the part number?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
darnoc31 sandy sanders
hudson, florida, USA   USA
I just picked a rebuilt alternator up from O-Reilly's for less than $40.00.1 year warranty. Few dollars more and they have one with lifetime warranty. This was a genuine Lucas for a 1974 MGB and included two belt pulley installed.
Took one day to get it after I ordered it. Had I placed the order before 11 AM I could have had it that afternoon after 4 PM.
They also bench check your existing one. They may even have one just like it in stock.
Sandy

red79mgb Avatar
red79mgb Robert Maurer
Marietta, USA   USA
1979 MG MGB
1979 MG MGB
Sandy, Thanks do you have the part #. I ordered on from O-Reilly's also Lucas but doesn't come with pulley installed. Mine was $89 with $9 core charge.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
darnoc31 sandy sanders
hudson, florida, USA   USA
Robert.
Sorry I did not keep it.
They did have numerous variations. You must get on good terms with the counterman as he can go through many pages on his computer to find what you need. If yours was Lucas it should have a lifetime warranty at that price. I paid only $39.00 plus tax and core charge for it.
When I ordered mine it took at least 15 minutes going though the screen to find one with the correct pulley installed.
Sandy

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster