AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

67motorcat Avatar
67motorcat Silver Member Steve O
Pinehurst, North Carolina, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB
I was surfing around and ran into this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MG-MGB-62-69-Carburetor-Setup-With-Manifolds-/322556295617?hash=item4b19da79c1:g:VHEAAOSw0j9ZOsgo&vxp=mtr

Seems like a great deal since ALL the parts are there for a conversion. I few bucks to rebuild the carbs, gaskets, etc, and you late model guys would have a big jump in performance.

Rarely does one find all that is needed for a reasonable price thumbs up

Someone needs to score this.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
PLGardner Avatar
PLGardner Peter Gardner
Stanley, North Carolina, USA   USA
1979 MG MGB
Steve O

Thanks for the heads up. I took a chance and ordered it. My 79B needs this conversion.

Peter G

gbullman Avatar
gbullman Silver Member Gary Bullman
Wayne, NJ, USA   USA
1955 Chevrolet Bel Air "The 55 Or Bertha"
1979 MG MGB "Bumble Bee"
That was a really good deal, even with rebuilding the carbs and sourcing the few missing pieces that is still a steal.

1979 MGB

PLGardner Avatar
PLGardner Peter Gardner
1979 MG MGB
I am hoping so since it seemed complete, with intake and exhaust manifold, carbs, linkages and even the air cleaners (Which won't fit my 79) and even included the shipping in the $225.

I had looked at a couple of other ways to get all the parts but most required me to order carbs form one source, exhaust from another, or maybe end up with duplicate parts, for more outlay.

I'll report back after parts received and then try to document the conversion here.

Peter G

67motorcat Avatar
67motorcat Silver Member Steve O
Pinehurst, North Carolina, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB
In reply to # 3551771 by PLGardner I am hoping so since it seemed complete, with intake and exhaust manifold, carbs, linkages and even the air cleaners (Which won't fit my 79) and even included the shipping in the $225.

I had looked at a couple of other ways to get all the parts but most required me to order carbs form one source, exhaust from another, or maybe end up with duplicate parts, for more outlay.

I'll report back after parts received and then try to document the conversion here.

Peter G

Good deal Peter, been out of town for a few days, glad a fellow Tar Heel is going for the conversion.thumbs up

Blast the manifold and replace the studs, polish the intake and generally restore the bits and it's a great package. Keep up posted along with your seat of the pants evaluation of performance increase!

PLGardner Avatar
PLGardner Peter Gardner
1979 MG MGB
Steve, this will be a winter project. I'll rebuild the carbs and clean up all the parts. Maybe out high temp silver paint on the exhaust manifold. I'll need to think about what additional parts will be needed. Next section of exhaust downpipe. Maybe as simple as item 21 here?

Next I will need to figure the emissions and vacuum routing. This is an early intake manifold with PCV. Do I keep that or delete? And the evaporative loss system - how to tie it all in.

Anyway thanks for the alert. Parts should arrive Friday.

Peter G

Attachments:
IMG_0202.jpg    21.7 KB
IMG_0202.jpg

mgbanthony Avatar
mgbanthony Platinum Member Anthony Henderson
Gananoque, Ontario, Canada   CAN
1962 MG MGB
1962 MG MGB
1970 MG MGB GT
1974 MG MGB    & more
Guess I'll have to put my prices up....

Nicecar Avatar
Nicecar Gary (ex "Harv") G
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
1980 MG MGB "Red On Red On Red"
Glad you got it, saving me the trouble of buying then installing on mine. Greatly looking forward to hearing how this improves performance on what I assume is your OE ZS.

PLGardner Avatar
PLGardner Peter Gardner
1979 MG MGB
Gary,

There is a set of carbs with intake and heat shield on eBay now that looks even cleaner than the kit I bought. Does not have the exhaust manifold. I think the same vendor.

Anyway plenty of choices out there.

Peter G

ron neal Avatar
Coastal, South Carolina, USA   USA
In reply to # 3553280 by mgbanthony Guess I'll have to put my prices up....

Keeping prices down sells more stuff.grinning smiley
Ron

mgbanthony Avatar
mgbanthony Platinum Member Anthony Henderson
Gananoque, Ontario, Canada   CAN
1962 MG MGB
1962 MG MGB
1970 MG MGB GT
1974 MG MGB    & more
In reply to # 3553400 by ron neal
In reply to # 3553280 by mgbanthony Guess I'll have to put my prices up....

Keeping prices down sells more stuff.grinning smiley
Ron

Apparently not...

riley1489 Avatar
riley1489 Gold Member Bruce H
Great White North, QC, Canada   CAN
1953 Jaguar XK120
1959 Riley 1.5 "King George"
1973 MG MGB
Curious, confused smiley

eBay wins out over the BST forum so often these days. Why? I have no idea, at least one has a pretty good chance of knowing what is on offer with the BST.

B

Check your ego Amigo!

phoffman Peter Hoffman
Miller Place, NY, USA   USA
I have a SU conversion setup for sale on Craigslist if anybody is interested.

https://longisland.craigslist.org/pts/6207846767.html

Ex-Calif Avatar
Ex-Calif Gold Member Dan D
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB GT "Bart - Yellow And Naughty"
1977 MG MGB "Red Betty"
2012 Jeep Liberty "Tank"
2014 Hyundai Accent "Skate"
When I converted mine I did pick up (used) item 21.

Depending on if you've changed the exhaust from stock whatever. I measured 2X & 3X on where to cut the late model down pipe and graft the 21 section in. Definitely in the bottom horizontal section.

I then took the cut pieces to my local Midas - The guy welded it for free! I ended up giving the guy a $20 tip.

In reply to # 3553245 by PLGardner Steve, this will be a winter project. I'll rebuild the carbs and clean up all the parts. Maybe out high temp silver paint on the exhaust manifold. I'll need to think about what additional parts will be needed. Next section of exhaust downpipe. Maybe as simple as item 21 here?

Next I will need to figure the emissions and vacuum routing. This is an early intake manifold with PCV. Do I keep that or delete? And the evaporative loss system - how to tie it all in.

Anyway thanks for the alert. Parts should arrive Friday.

Peter G

The goal - Reliable summer driver interspersed with mechanical tinkering...
Motto - "Driving fifty in the twisties..."
On Mods - It's your damn car - Do what you want. Haters gonna hate...
On SUVs - Drive your B like a soccer mom is texting her friends about how she wants to kill you...
Red Betty - http://www.mgexp.com/registry/GHN5UH418165
Bart - http://www.mgexp.com/registry/GHD4U146898G

Defender405 Avatar
Defender405 Silver Member Chris B.
Des Moines, Iowa, USA   USA
1975 MG MGB
I got my HIF setup from Anthony for about that price and he sent all of the little bits and pieces that I needed for a pretty much complete conversion at if I recall correctly $300USD. For me that small purchase snowballed into a full rebuild on the engine, damned project creep. Rather than scab a new downpipe into my existing exhaust system I went with a new TT Sport exhaust from Moss, I figured 'what's another $300' after I all of the love that I gave the engine and driveline.

Chris AKA "Defender405"
1975 MGB
1979 Porsche 924
1999 Porsche 996
1987 Nissan 300ZX

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1965 MG MGB

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links