Slideaway Sunroof

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Graham 46 Graham W
Coleshill, Warwickshire, UK   GBR
Can anyone give me any insight on how to access the three screws which attach the locking handle to the mechanism.
The handle came off when I tried to open the roof, I can see the three screws which must of vibrated loose, but I don't want to damage the outer cover by attempting to remove it incorrectly.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Regards,

Graham

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Diver648 Gold Member Warren Siringer
Tucson, Arizona, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB
1967 MG MGB GT
1971 MG MGB GT
1974 MG MGB
Graham:

Do you know of anyone that handles parts for these? I am missing the gear like track that this slides on to install mine in my 67 GT.

Graham 46 Graham W
Hi Warren,

unfortunately I have absolutely no knowledge of these sildeaways whatsoever, other than there is one on my car, sorry!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
malski Avatar
malski Silver Member Peter Malkin
Bright, N.E.Victoria, Australia   AUS
Contact David Balkiwill (unsure of spelling) a forum member. Look up sliding sunroofs in library for his contact details.

Peter Malkin
NE Victoria
Australia
MGBGTV8 (1977)
MGB Roadster (1967) Supercharged - under restoration
MGTC (1949)

coloradomgc William Panos
Colorado Springs, USA   USA
1969 MG MGB
1969 MG MGC GT
Hi Graham,
If it is a Britax/Weathershields sunroof you'll need to partially disassemble the header rail to get to the top of the handle mechanism. With the sunroof pushed back about half way, slide your hand between the vinyl and the top of the header rail. About 8" in from each side you should be able to feel the tops of two countersunk slotted screw heads. You can remove these screw with a very short screwdriver. The top half of the header rail can then be separated from the bottom half, and you'll then have access to the top of the handle mechanism, where the three screws that hold the handle are located.
Hope this helps!
Bill

Graham 46 Graham W
Thanks for that Bill, it's a Slideaway Sunroof, which appears to be similar to the others, so hopefully the header rail is similar, I will check tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Graham

coloradomgc William Panos
Colorado Springs, USA   USA
1969 MG MGB
1969 MG MGC GT
Graham,
Here's a picture of the piece the handle mounts to, with the three screws.
Bill

Attachments:
IMG_0453.JPG    66.1 KB
IMG_0453.JPG

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster