Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

gchivi Avatar
gchivi Gabriel Chivi
Hayward, Ca, USA   USA
Well finally got her on the road after the 20 minute/2k cam break-in . It went well, except that I broke down, let me explain. Drove the Gt about 4 miles to the gas station pulled in paid for gas upon leaving noticed quite a bit of water and coolant on the ground. At first I was hopeful it was someone else but I was wrong it was me, opened the engine bay looking for a hose e.c.t found the source of the leak to be a freeze plug that popped out and was still in the engine bay, I guess the guy who sold me the machined block did not set them in correctly. (Should have hit them in on assembly)
The freeze plug that popped out was the one by the oil sending unit. Removed the sending unit and pop in the plug with the a hammer and a 3/8 extension In the middle of my road side repair a young lady pulls into the gas station hits the curb and pops her front tire she is shaken up and walks over to me and asked me if I had a tire jack I responded yes but it won't fit a Ford. I think it was code for help me with my tire. Dropped my freeze plug repaired and proceeded to change her tire and set her on her way. I guess it was good Karma because my plug held , the good news is that it wasn't the rear freeze plug, I did that one myself. Drove the car to my girlfriend's house picked her up and went for a 35 miles with no issues. Kept the car under 45mph and under 3k rpm. It felt nice to finally get her on the road again.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20170518_194251.jpg    41.9 KB
20170518_194251.jpg

20170518_194242.jpg    42.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
20170510_184536.jpg    54.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
ohlord Avatar
ohlord Gold Member Rob C
North of Seattle, N.W., USA   USA
1957 Land Rover Series I "EYEYIYI"
1971 MG MGB
1971 MG MGB "Bedouin 2"
Install a new plug
Follow the. Proper Welch plug installation quide

"I'm a long way gone down this wild road I'm on
It's gonna take me where I'm bound
It's a long way around"

"These are the days that must happen to you"

RD2 Radar/ Electronic Warfare Technician
Vietnam 1969-1972

gchivi Avatar
gchivi Gabriel Chivi
Hayward, Ca, USA   USA
Thanks Will do. Unfortunately I already did the one in the rear, of the head I wouldn't mind re- doing that one and sealing with J/B weld.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
btriplett Avatar
btriplett Barry Triplett
Walkerton, Indiana, USA   USA
Karma. Oh, yeah. Without it life would be the pits.

riley1489 Avatar
riley1489 Gold Member Bruce H
Great White North, QC, Canada   CAN
1953 Jaguar XK120
1959 Riley 1.5 "King George"
1973 MG MGB
In reply to # 3515099 by gchivi It felt nice to finally get her on the road again.

The young lady? Your girlfriend? The car? grinning smiley

Woo Hoo!!!!

B

Check your ego Amigo!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster