AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Bruce L. Wiley Avatar
Bruce L. Wiley Bruce Wiley
Vidalia, Louisiana, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB "Daisy"
Has anyone tried this before I order?

"It's not ownership, it's a relationship."

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Screenshot_2017-05-19-00-07-34~2.jpg    34.3 KB
Screenshot_2017-05-19-00-07-34~2.jpg

$(KGrHqEOKj0E6OFzjWYfBOvutN6)c!--60_3.JPG    32.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Bruce Cunha Avatar
placerville, California, USA   USA
Seems complex and expensive . Moss sells a conversion bracket for $16.99 It works really well. I have it on my 67.

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=39086

Bruce E. Cunha

MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
ditto #2 is all I need write.

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell (with extensive bodywork to come). Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CC rear attached to Ford FG ute axle. And a whole lot more to yet to come. Stealth is the word.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-19 03:12 AM by MGB567.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bskoros William Skoros
Westhampton Beach, New York, USA   USA
A buddy of mine has, many times, on the tractors he rebuilds!

Not going to fit an MG at all....

Rick Fawthrop Avatar
Rick Fawthrop Gold Member Richard Fawthrop
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
I would be embarrassed to have that on my car.

thomas.dahl Tom Dahl
Bonn, NRW, Germany   DEU
Ha Ha... Seriously, just measure it up and make one.

Trying to fix up my dads old 1969 MGB. Lots to do. Lots to worry about. Lots of fun.

Gerry Avatar
Gerry Gold Member Gerry Masterman
Prairieville, Louisiana, USA   USA
Why are you considering this? Does your MG not have the original brackets? You should be able to use the factory setup for a Delco with only minor mods. If anything you may have to make something for the rear but it will be easy

rocannon Avatar
rocannon Platinum Member Frank L
Inconveniently located in the wilderness, Oklahoma, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB GT "GT From Hell"
1980 MG MGB "Restored By Photoshop Inc."
I can't ever recall seeing that ever posted about in this forum.

In reply to # 3514440 by Bruce L. Wiley Has anyone tried this before I order?

"... cohomology rings of smooth projective algebraic varieties ..."

“Where did the public good enter into all this maze of personal intrigue, this wilderness of stunted natures where no straight road is to be found, but only the tortuous and aimless travels of beasts and things that crawl?”

“If you are not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.”

“Yes, another great idea destroyed by a simple set of facts."

“All of us at one time or another have had a sense of déjà vu, a feeling that this has happened before, that this has happened before, that this has happened before."

TANSTAAFL !

Checkmate Avatar
Checkmate Jim R
None, Left Coast, USA   USA
That looks way more complicated then it needs to be. It's a joke... right?

bleteaches6 Avatar
bleteaches6 Lee Orphan
Bonney Lake, Washington, USA   USA
Use the Moss product

geezer Avatar
geezer Silver Member charles durning
Magee, Mississippi, USA   USA
1958 MG Magnette ZB "Chick Magnette (sold)"
1967 Morris Minor 1000 Saloon (2-door) "Marvin"
1974 MG MGB GT
The issue he has is with the single foot Delco. Though that bracket can be made to work. The downside, mechanically, is with that bracket you now have 2 pivot points which will make keeping belt adjustments nye onto impossible unless the adapter bracket is anchored in place somehow.

That 10SI alt can be used if mounted up side down. The problem is with failure issues with the small ear. I have also seen where a bracket was fabricated as a back support to lession the ear failure. I have also heard of folks mounting the large mounting foot to the back of the water pump. That requires cutting up the foot to get belt alignment or getting a really deep pulley.

In short the 10SI alt is a great product and inexpensive. Unfortunately it's just not well suited for our cars. A better solution would be to use a 2 foot alt like the one from a Saturn S Series. Or bite the bullet and get the conversion that 123 offers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ALTERNATOR-1-9-SATURN-SERIES-SC-91-97-SL-91-97-SW-1993-97-321-1805-334-2400-/140740542668?fits=Make%3ASaturn&hash=item20c4ca40cc:g:B8oAAOSwiLdWCUTF&vxp=mtr

http://123ignitionusa.com/alternator-instructions/

Who's version of right are we talking about? When you get 10 LBC owners in a room you'll get 12 different answers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-19 11:17 AM by geezer.

rggavmge Avatar
rggavmge roy gavilan
Williamsburg, Virginia, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB "Cecilia"
1974 MG MGB MkIII "Ruby"
In reply to # 3514443 by Bruce Cunha Seems complex and expensive . Moss sells a conversion bracket for $16.99 It works really well. I have it on my 67.

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=39086

Ditto......I used also used the offset bracket from Moss...............worked perfectly.

kuz1 Avatar
kuz1 Keith Kuzma
Prattville, Alabama, USA   USA
pm sent

geezer Avatar
geezer Silver Member charles durning
Magee, Mississippi, USA   USA
1958 MG Magnette ZB "Chick Magnette (sold)"
1967 Morris Minor 1000 Saloon (2-door) "Marvin"
1974 MG MGB GT
Maybe this will help

http://www.mgexp.com/article/delco.html

Who's version of right are we talking about? When you get 10 LBC owners in a room you'll get 12 different answers.

pinkyponk Avatar
pinkyponk Gold Member Adrian Page
Berwick, Nova Scotia, Canada   CAN
How do we know what alternator the OP is using?

Here is a nice write up from Moss on how to do it. http://www.mossmotors.com/graphics/products/PDF/130-078.pdf

I'm sure all the bits could be found used... or new. Get the 18acr 50 amp if you go with a Lucas.

Adrian

Home built Eaton M62 Supercharger with 9psi boost, "stock" high ratio rocker arms, 8:1 compression, Piper 270 cam, ported head, matched manifolds, CB Performance computerized ignition.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster