Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

JeffersonJames Thomas H.
Johnsonville, New York, USA   USA
Hello,

I have done a search for white face gauges and came across quite a few. They are all 5 plus years old but mentioned templates that you cut out your self. There is even a PDF for instructions. Are these templates still floating around here? Would it be possible to get one for a '77 B?

Thanks,
Thomas

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Simon Austin Avatar
I created the template some years ago, Thomas. These only fit the Mark III gauges (80mm tach and speedo + ancillary gauges).

They won't fit your 100mm tach and speedo in your '77. I never created a Mark IV template for the later gauges.

You can purchase "Magnolia" gauges for your car but these are expensive and complete gauges, not decals. I did this for a '69 BGT I once owned which I installed a Mark IV dash into.

"Speed costs........how fast you want to spend?"

JeffersonJames Thomas H.
Thanks for the reply Simon. May I ask how you created them? Was it a fairly simple process?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Simon Austin Avatar
I had a graphic artist friend scan the original dial faces and with the magic of her software, was able to duplicate the original fonts and lettering.

I asked her about creating Mark IV decals but the project didn't get far. I can send you the PDF and instructions if you like. As mentioned, they won't fit your gauges but you might have a need for them in the future.

There's a few sets driving around out there. I'll post some photos shortly.

JeffersonJames Thomas H.
Thank you, that would be helpful. I might be able to use them as a reference and do the same for my gauges. I really liked the way yours turned out and would really like to get the same out come.

tvrgeek Avatar
tvrgeek Silver Member Scott S
Bowie, Maryland, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB
Of course, Speedhut can give you white face, back lit, and all kinds of nifty options.

Cogito ergo sum periculoso

Simon Austin Avatar
No problem, Thomas. Send me an email to my profile address and I'll send you the PDF.

Here's a couple of photos of the gauges in my car as well as the Magnolia gauges in the '69 GT. Since Scott mentions Speedhut, I've included one photo of the GPS speedo I installed in my car to replace the original one. I matched up the dial as close as I could to the original.

Attachments:
Copy of V8 001.jpg    42.6 KB
Copy of V8 001.jpg

White gauges at night.jpg    15.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
New dash gauges 004.jpg    36.7 KB
MGB speedo 008.JPG    39.3 KB
Cmpozr Avatar
Cmpozr Ray Weidner
Forest, Virginia, USA   USA
I know this doesn't help, but it does reinforce the PDF-approach.

I took pictures of my original gauges, had my computer-savy son "clean up" the photos in photoshop, and now I have a beautiful set of TR-6 gauges. Tach and speedo could not be created because of the step down in the gauge face.

74 Chrome Bumper MGB (restoration in progress)
71 Triumph TR-6 (original owner)

The past is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

JeffersonJames Thomas H.
In reply to # 3495325 by Cmpozr I know this doesn't help, but it does reinforce the PDF-approach.

I took pictures of my original gauges, had my computer-savy son "clean up" the photos in photoshop, and now I have a beautiful set of TR-6 gauges. Tach and speedo could not be created because of the step down in the gauge face.

Thanks for the affirmation, do you have pictures of the gauges?

Cmpozr Avatar
Cmpozr Ray Weidner
Forest, Virginia, USA   USA
Here's one...

74 Chrome Bumper MGB (restoration in progress)
71 Triumph TR-6 (original owner)

The past is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Attachments:
C.076 Jun '13.JPG    52.9 KB
C.076 Jun '13.JPG

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster