AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Happy Birthday B
  This topic is about my 1972 MG MGB
Jeffs72MGB Avatar
Jeffs72MGB Jeff Strong
Eden, New York, USA   USA
My B turns 45 today and tomorrow. I have been fortunate to be her caretaker for almost 39 years. She has gotten me through some very tough times in my life. I wonder what she is going to want for her B-day when I wake her from her Winter sleep.

Jeff

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_0305.jpg    66.5 KB
IMG_0305.jpg

TonyV Avatar
TonyV Tony V
Rutherford, NJ, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB
thumbs up Sweet Ride!

billymgb1000 Avatar
billymgb1000 Silver Member william gaulin
harrisville, harrisville RI, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB V8 Conversion "Sweet Thing"
She is going to want a hopped up V8. Well that's what mine wanted. Happy Birthday to your B.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
11400 jeff p
Rockville, maryland, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB "Winston"
Nice Ride! I also have a 72, in Mallard (my favorite factory color and original to my B).

I just treated mine to an engine overhaul. 60 over, shallow pistons, lighter con rods, VP-12 cam, APT tappets, new valves, double springs, vernier timing, lightened flywheel, ported/polished head, ARP bolts and more. The beauty of it is the only visible change is the ARP bolts but the performance is night and day different.

If you have not done engine enhancements treat her to it...and you will both benefit.

I bought parts (comes with free expertise) from Hap...worth it all day long! Local machinist/builder with loads of experience put it all together for me. I just got her dialed in, have another couple of hundred miles left for break in and I could not be happier. I'm driving her up to 4,000 RPM per break in guidelines...huge difference!

I look forward to the day I can open her up and let her really fly...no smog, no low compression...

Nicecar Avatar
Nicecar Gary (ex "Harv") G
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
1980 MG MGB "Red On Red On Red"
Overdrive!

Cake letters & numbers made from electrical wires.

Attachments:
Me & BD Cake @ Willows.jpg    35.1 KB
Me & BD Cake @ Willows.jpg

Jeffs72MGB Avatar
Jeffs72MGB Jeff Strong
By B is pretty much stock. There are only two things she doesn't have that she came with. They are the drivers side under dash panel and white wall tires. That's right she came with white walls from the factory.

Nicecar the cake is a good ideal. I wonder if I could get my wife to make me (I mean my B) one.

ozieagle Avatar
ozieagle Gold Member Herb Adler
Geelong Victoria, Australia   AUS
1958 Wolseley 1500 "Wooly"
1966 MG MGB "Bl**dy B"
A good long burn down a freeway, to clear the cobwebs.

Happy Bday.

Herb

Questions about prostate cancer? Click here to join the discussion

albeegreen1 Avatar
albeegreen1 Gold Member bob tresch
bordentown, nj, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB MkIII "ALBERT"
She wants her grille polished and wind in her wings. I love a good lookin B. Nice car Jeff!

RAY 67 TOURER Avatar
RAY 67 TOURER Ray Marloff
Fort Bragg, CA, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB "My Girl"
Get her a supercharger! I got one for my '67. She just turned 50 years of age and I've had her for 45 of those years. RAY

MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
Is the birthday the day it was built or the day it was first registered for the road? Using the latter my Mk1 is 50 on 8 May; unfortunately using the former I don't know the birthday. As it's been rebuilt, birthday presents, other than a fang if it's not raining, have already been delivered. IDK if there's any jealousy that the sister/brother car is getting a V8 transplant smiling bouncing smiley

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell (with extensive bodywork to come). Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. And a whole lot more to yet to come. Stealth is the word.

Nicecar Avatar
Nicecar Gary (ex "Harv") G
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
1980 MG MGB "Red On Red On Red"
Jeff:

The cake is fake, so that it would last. (Stored in garage).

Ice cream bucket, with holes drilled for candles in two tiers. "Icing" is really shortening a real bugger to clean as it's so oily!

There's well over 10 hours into this, 3 for the text alone.

Last year, a friend in Iran told me about an "MG Photo Contest" in Tehran. They were trying to promote the ugly new Chinese MG. To enter, one didn't even need to take a pic of MG, only do something with the logo. Most of my 30 images sent were FAR better than any winners, none of mine selected, and I never even heard a word from them. My friend did tell me not to even include ANY shots with women in it, so understandably, boobs (even covered on maniquin - "Miss Maniquinette"winking smiley would not go over well.

I'm hoping my shots showed them what a "REAL" MG should look like.

Here's one more:

Attachments:
Selfie - Just Foolin Around.JPG    51.1 KB
Selfie - Just Foolin Around.JPG

Jeffs72MGB Avatar
Jeffs72MGB Jeff Strong
MGB567: I'm considering my B's B-day to be the day it was made. According to the Heritage Certificate my B was built on 20-21 April 1972.

Nicecar: Don't go too fast you and your friends might take off with that kite attached.

MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
Well on that basis I missed my 50th - no Heritage certificate for CKD cars although they said that according to their records based on the engine number it was flat packed in November '66.

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell (with extensive bodywork to come). Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. And a whole lot more to yet to come. Stealth is the word.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1973 MG 1100

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links