MGExp

MGB & GT Forum

Has anyone touched the 4 corners of the U.S. in your 'B' ?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

lewisrn Avatar
lewisrn Gold Member Bob L
Danville, Indiana, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "The "B"
I posted in a different thread, but I thought the question would be better as its own thread.

We've driven our 'B' to the northwest (Washington), Northeast (Vermont), southeast (Key West) and in June we plan to drive to San Diego. I'm bugging my wife to take more time off so we can drive to New Hampshire & Maine.

Anyone else hit the 4 corners?

"Bullying and prejudice in our public life sets a national tone, provides permission for cruelty and bigotry, and compromises the moral education of children." G.W.B.

It's how you react that matters. There's not a pill for maturity.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Denny B. Avatar
Denny B. Gold Member Denny Brodbeck
Ocala, FL, USA   USA
1971 MG MGB
I know this is NOT MGB related but it is related to your question.

In 1997 I did the "6 Corners of the USA" on a motorcycle in 17 days.

Key West to Madawaska, Main, to Blain, Washington, to San Ysidro, Calif. to Brownsville, Texas back to Key West. Began and finished at the Southern Most Monument in Key West.

Just thought I'd show off..... smileys with beer

I wish I knew as much today as I did when I was 18........

"I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member" (Groucho Marx)

"Life is like a roll of toilet paper.....the more you pull off the faster it goes" (unknown)

fast-MG.com Avatar
fast-MG.com Gold Member Dave Headley
Cortez, 4 corners, Colorado, USA   USA
I've driven my wife's B past the monument entrance on US160 about 0.38 miles from the actual corners marker. Be prepared to pay an entrance fee to go in and maybe you can buy indian trinkets and stuff while you're there.

Oh! Those 4 corners!drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-20 05:42 PM by fast-MG.com.

Member Services:
Dave Headley, dba FAB-TEK offers full service race car parts and preperation for MGB & MGA race cars, SCCA and Vintage. Dave is a mechanical engineer and has raced MGBs since 1963.
ohlord Avatar
ohlord Gold Member Rob C
North of Seattle, N.W., USA   USA
1957 Land Rover Series I "EYEYIYI"
1971 MG MGB
1971 MG MGB "Bedouin 2"
Every State plus parts of Mexico ,across Canada .
except Alaska and Hawaii.

And we tracked down an MGC in Kona so I wouldnt suffer withdrawal symptomswinking smiley

"I'm a long way gone down this wild road I'm on
It's gonna take me where I'm bound
It's a long way around"

"These are the days that must happen to you"

RD2 Radar/ Electronic Warfare Technician
Vietnam 1969-1972

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Steven 67GT Avatar
Steven 67GT Steven Rechter
Imperial Beach, California, USA   USA
In reply to # 3472834 by Denny B. to San Ysidro, Calif.

San Ysidro is close but not exactly the SW corner.

We live about 1.5 miles from the corner and to get there you have to go to Border Park.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-20 01:57 PM by Steven 67GT.

Attachments:
sw corner.jpg    25.7 KB
sw corner.jpg

Rufus Avatar
Rufus Gold Member Harry Singleton
Garland, Texas, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB
1967 MG MGB GT Special "Rusty"
1974 MG MGB GT "Krusty"
Made a tip to tip a few years ago. DFW - Big Pine Key - DFW - Santa Fe - Medford - Anacortes - San Francisco - Alpine - DFW. I thought that was a "trip" until I saw Denny's map.
I'm not worthy.

Have fun

If ignorance is bliss, I must be the happiest man alive!
Signed

RUFUS
67 Roadster

Member Services:
Restoration Services. Complete SU carburetor rebuilding services. Complete SU carburetor sets available for RB retro-fit. SU's bought, any condition. MGB's bought and sold. Performance consultation. Rufus-h@hotmail.com 214-686-8692

Attachments:
Right on the Ragged Edge of Canadia.jpg    41.6 KB
Right on the Ragged Edge of Canadia.jpg

Right on the Ragged Edge of Mexico - Three weeks later.jpg    33.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
RAY 67 TOURER Avatar
RAY 67 TOURER Ray Marloff
Fort Bragg, CA, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB "My Girl"
Also been to Big Pine Key in the late '70s. NH in the '90s, CA in the 2000s. RAY

Rufus Avatar
Rufus Gold Member Harry Singleton
Garland, Texas, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB
1967 MG MGB GT Special "Rusty"
1974 MG MGB GT "Krusty"
@Ray, it was nice down there back then wasn't it? Now, the real estate is out of reach, the marinas don't allow live aboards, and anchoring is strictly limited, and basic cost of living is like Manhattan. But, it's nice to remember when it was just another drinking town with a fishing problem.

Have fun

If ignorance is bliss, I must be the happiest man alive!
Signed

RUFUS
67 Roadster

Member Services:
Restoration Services. Complete SU carburetor rebuilding services. Complete SU carburetor sets available for RB retro-fit. SU's bought, any condition. MGB's bought and sold. Performance consultation. Rufus-h@hotmail.com 214-686-8692
RAY 67 TOURER Avatar
RAY 67 TOURER Ray Marloff
Fort Bragg, CA, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB "My Girl"
Harry, I used to lug my scuba gear down there on weekends. Nothing was being built back then due to a recent hurricane. No one could get a loan. Too bad all MGBs couldn't be '67s. RAY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-20 05:37 PM by RAY 67 TOURER.

balloonfoot Avatar
balloonfoot Gold Member Lloyd Faust
Southlake, TEXAS, USA   USA
In reply to # 3473031 by Rufus Made a tip to tip a few years ago. DFW - Big Pine Key - DFW - Santa Fe - Medford - Anacortes - San Francisco - Alpine - DFW. I thought that was a "trip" until I saw Denny's map.
I'm not worthy.

Have fun

Hey Harry.....I thought I did some motorcycle road trips until I saw Denny's map as well.....Even young James comes in 2nd I think. I did make it down to Big Pine Key in 1971....it was nice but I didn't know any better then. Went back down to Key West last spring, what a mess....the Duval crawl started early for me....wifey thought it hilarious.

Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

"Anyone with an intense emotional interest in a subject loses the ability to observe it objectively: You selectively perceive events. You ignore data and facts that disagree with your main philosophy. Even your memory works to fool you, as you selectively retain what you believe in, and subtly mask any memories that might conflict."

Attachments:
IMG_3479.JPG    56.9 KB
IMG_3479.JPG

oldredsel Avatar
oldredsel Silver Member Rick Crosby
South Dartmouth, Massachusetts, USA   USA
1959 Edsel Villager "OLD Red EDSEL"
1969 MG MGB GT "Emma"
1980 MG MGB "Holey Roller"
2003 Chevrolet S10 "The S10"    & more
In reply to # 3472844 by fast-MG.com I've driven my wife's B past the monument entrance on US160 about 0.38 miles from the actual corners marker. Be prepared to pay an entrance fee to go in and maybe you can buy indian trinkets and stuff while you're there.

Oh! Those 4 corners!drinking smiley

LOL, I was thinking the same thing!

I drove my Edsel station wagon to those 4 corners as well back in 1977. Don't remember paying a entrance fee, but back then it was just a circular parking lot with a marker in the middle. And yup, I did buy a trinket from one of the Native American vendors that were ringing the lot.

Cheers,

Rick

The journey is the destination.

glbishop Avatar
glbishop Gary Bishop
Spring Hill, FL, USA   USA
I've driven mine in Washington State, New Hampshire/New England, and Florida.
3 of the 4 corners and several states in between.

My Brother had the car before me and he started out in Huntington Beach CA.
So, technically it has been to all 4 corners.

lawnvett Avatar
lawnvett Silver Member P.J. Lenihan
Winston-Salem, N.C., USA   USA
The trip to San Diego Will be the final quarter for my BGT but it's taken several different trips.

17 days on a bike looks like at least 12,000 miles

holy macrell that is some serious travel

In reply to # 3475915 by glbishop I've driven mine in Washington State, New Hampshire/New England, and Florida.
3 of the 4 corners and several states in between.

My Brother had the car before me and he started out in Huntington Beach CA.
So, technically it has been to all 4 corners.

Don't postpone joy

Attachments:
IMG_1448.JPG    47.4 KB
IMG_1448.JPG

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster