MGB & GT Forum

Welcome! Sign In Register
Please Sign In or Register to Search

Supplier shipping cost/Basil Adams

Posted by 9146 
9146 Avatar
rick dentel
yardley, pa, USA   usa

I love it when I order a part that fits in a normal envelop with a 50 cent stamp and get charged $10.95.
I just got another order from Basil (a bunch of stuff)told him I was not in a real rush, I missed his email that he was going to the post office by about an hour and still got the parts in two days (CA to PA). Great service and advice and he always manages to fit everything in the most economical package. Very much a pleasure to do business with.
. You can hide this ad & support this site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info
kuz1 Avatar
Keith Kuzma
Prattville,Alabama, USA   usa

I just got a decent size order from Basil . His pricing and low shipping make it a great deal to buy from. A big plus is "are you sure that's it? " ,and I always remember something else. A+++
kstevusa Avatar
kelly stevenson
Lwr. Middle Tennessee, USA   usa
1978 MG MGB "N/A"

Basil Adams is " A CLASS ACT!" and honest, honorable man also. He helped me several times and even shipped item as I mailed his check on a part I need badly.thumbs up
. You can hide this ad & support this site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info
Deepsearch Avatar
Chase M.
Selah, Washington, USA   usa

I recently purchased a new radiator from Basil. Prompt shipping, reasonable cost and a gentleman to deal with. I see my experience was not an isolated incident.
NNN
Norman Nalepa
Florida, USA   usa
1979 MG MGB "Chick Mobile"

And his address is??
JCinMSP Avatar
John C
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA   usa

I received my first package from Basil this week. Honestly, receiving the part was secondary to the advice and information he provided in our correspondence. You can order from many places, but it is his fellowship and friendliness that make Basil a true gentleman.
kuz1 Avatar
Keith Kuzma
Prattville,Alabama, USA   usa

In reply to # 2416683 by NNN And his address is??

His email is basiladams@yahoo.com his user id on the forum is Basil Adams
9146 Avatar
rick dentel
yardley, pa, USA   usa

He is listed in the Vendor Forum (left side of screen).
Steve Card
Castle Rock Co., USA   usa
1974 MG MGB
1975 MG MGB

Couldn't agree more,with everyone. You're the best Basil. Thanks for all the valuable advice so far.
James D
beach, VA, USA   usa
1978 MG MGB "The Bee"

I ordered my one piece side cover from him, Yes I agree great service and knowledge.

78..Bee, Leyland A/C (removed), Saturn 95 amp Alternator, Wire Wheels, Lumenition ignition, Weber 32/36, Four speed.

MCCT Avatar
Charles Tisdall
New Zealand, Auckland, New Zealand   nzl
1967 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB GT

Basil provided me excellent help and assistance recently over a clutch master cylinder issue I had...had me sorted in no time..top guy,top service
Basil Adams Avatar
About 12 miles from Sears Point, CA, USA   usa

Gee guys, thanks. I'm always happy to help. This is a wonderful community and we all do what we can to keep it fruitful for everyone. Whenever I can help with parts, advice or just commiseration, drop a note, or give a call. If I can't help, I may know who can :-) Basil 707.762.0974 basiladams@yahoo.com

Basil C. Adams
1956 MGA Coupe (Show Car)
1957 MGA Roadster (Driver)
1958 MGA Coupe (Racecar)
1959 MGA Coupe (unrestored)
1960 MGA Coupe (unrestored)
1960 MGA Roadster (Driver)
MKIII Elva Courier (E1056)
1967 427 Cobra
1972 Alfa Romeo Montreal
A coupla late MGBs
1960 Austin Healy BN7
More Cars than Brains
1977 MGB Supercharged Avatar
Ray Wyberski
Pago Pago, American Samoa   asm
1977 MG MGB "Jazzy's Car"

Basil goes that extra mile and it seems as if he isn't satisfied unless he knows for sure your satisfied.

Great prices, Fast shipping, Friendly service, Wealth of knowledge, what more can you ask for...

Ray
chrisv Avatar
chris vine
Gawler , Adelaide, Australia   aus
1979 MG MGB

In reply to # 2416873 by 1977 MGB Supercharged Basil goes that extra mile and it seems as if he isn't satisfied unless he knows for sure your satisfied.

Great prices, Fast shipping, Friendly service, Wealth of knowledge, what more can you ask for...

Ray

Move him to Oz
malski Avatar
Peter Malkin
Bright, N.E.Victoria, Australia   aus

X2 Chris

Peter Malkin
NE Victoria
Australia
MGBGTV8 (1977)
MGB Roadster (1967)
MGBGT (1973)
MGTC (1949)
MGB (under resto)(1967)
Basil Adams Avatar
About 12 miles from Sears Point, CA, USA   usa

Chris and Peter, I ship to Australia regularly. The flat rate Post packages work well on all but large and very heavy items. Email, PM, Skype me if I can help. I'm in California, USA so Sydney is 17 hours ahead of me - 9am in Sydney is 4pm here (the previous day). Basil 0011.1.707.762.0974 basiladams@yahoo.com

Basil C. Adams
1956 MGA Coupe (Show Car)
1957 MGA Roadster (Driver)
1958 MGA Coupe (Racecar)
1959 MGA Coupe (unrestored)
1960 MGA Coupe (unrestored)
1960 MGA Roadster (Driver)
MKIII Elva Courier (E1056)
1967 427 Cobra
1972 Alfa Romeo Montreal
A coupla late MGBs
1960 Austin Healy BN7
More Cars than Brains
OldBloke Avatar
Jim Legg
Napa, California, USA   usa
1970 Rover 3500
1971 MG MGB GT
1972 MG MGB V6 Conversion
1973 MG MGB "Tagalong"

Shipping isn't usually a prob with Basil, for me, anyway! Half hour away and great drive thru Sonoma hills. Not to mention the view from atop the hill Basil lives on!!

"Not all who wander are lost." -J.R.R. Tolkien

Attachments:
A view From Basils Lane 001.jpg (60.7 KB) –
A view From Basils Lane 001.jpg

MGBGUY Avatar
Clay Swenor
Westminster, MA, USA   usa
1973 MG MGB GT "Depends On How It's Running"

Agree with all the others. Great person to deal with. I too had recently ordered a radiator and recieved it promptly, at a very fair price and had a pleasant conversation with him to boot.
I try hard to help out these vendors that provide great personal service by spreading out my orders between them. It's my small effort to keep these guys afloat during these tough economic times.

Clay
SafetyFast Avatar
Shareef Hassan
Murrieta, California, USA   usa

I will second all that. He will even raid his race car spares on occasion to help you out.
Gavin Rogers
Geelong, Australia   aus

In reply to # 2416896 by chrisv
In reply to # 2416873 by 1977 MGB Supercharged Basil goes that extra mile and it seems as if he isn't satisfied unless he knows for sure your satisfied.

Ray

Move him to Oz

Basil has sent quite a few engine bits to me in Geelong Australia. As well as being great to deal with his postage has been quick and cheap. Often cheaper and quicker than from Sydney to Melbourne! Thanks Basil!

Reply to this topic or post your own questions!

Members Sign In if you've already registered, or

Register a New Account

Registration is free and takes less than a minute

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Check the Forum Help File (FAQ) or contact the webmaster.

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

MGExp Menu

What's New

Membership

Forums ->

MGB & GT

MG Midget

Buy, Sell & Trade

Vendor Market

MG Engine Swaps

Original MG