MGB & GT Forum

Please Sign In or Register to Search

Chicagoland swap meet , who's going ?

Posted by dcraddock43 
Royal Lichter
Chicago, USA   usa

In reply to # 1991246 by B-racer I'll be there... arriving Fri night. We have LOTS of good food to eat, and hunt down microbrews that can't be found in MN. Hopefully the guys at Hot Doug's won't be gone on vacation this year...

And if I get lucky I can find new signage for the shop???

See if you can find a place that has some Half Acre. It's a local brew, super good stuff. There's always Goose Island, too.

If you are into burgers, try Kuma's Corner. For Pizza, try Piece or Giordano's.

Just had Hot Doug's for lunch today, I love that place!!!

B-racer Avatar
Jeff Schlemmer
Minnesota, USA   usa
1950 Willys Jeep Pickup "Ratrod"
1955 Chevrolet Thriftmaster
1958 MG magnette
1971 MG MGB "POS"
1973 MG Midget MkII   → more

I'm not vending this year - I have too much fun buying!!!! Although if you vend you get in early...

Rick, I'm looking for metal signs (Lucas or other) if you get a chance to look around before I can get in the door... I think you have my phone number (cell). winking smiley

I'm coming with 66MGBguy (Chris) liek every year. Don't know if its in Brian's plans?

We had Giordano's last year. Doug's was closed for vacation. Thinking about Bert's this year? Or Geno's East? Or Lou Malnati's? Probly hit the doughnut Vault too. Have to hunt down Half Acre and bring some Surly for the locals who can't get it!

jeff@advanceddistributors.com

Bankerdanny Avatar
Daniel Palmer
Chicagoland, USA   usa
1972 MG MGB GT "Dudley"
1977 Honda MC Gold Wing

I can't stand Giordano's, it's generic Chicago Style pizza. Go Gino's or Malnati's, both of which have been around since the start of Chicago Style pizza. Or head down to Oak Park to Geppetto's, my personal favorite deep dish.

If you are willing to head into the city, try Revolution Brewing at 2323 N Milwaukee (1/2 block south of Fullerton Ave), fantastic beer and really good food.

Gale Street Inn, which is also on Milwaukee, but farther north at 4914 North. Fantastic ribs and more importantly, a parking lot.

Half Acre is on Lincoln Ave just south of Lawrence, but it's beer should be available at most good liquor stores.

Endeavor to Persevere

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln

. You can hide this ad & support the site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info
PeterC Avatar
Peter Caldwell
Madison Wisconsin, USA   usa

Jeff, as you slide through Madison, you can get excellent brews.....

I wont be here, or there. Have fun. If you take your truck, wanna haul some shock cores back?

You might need the ballast, the way the weatherman's talking. Last year was ice... this year snow and ice.

Peter

Member Services:
Supplying New Old Stock parts for all imports. A LARGE quantity being loaded to our EBAY store stores.ebay.com/worldwideimportautoparts Rebuilding lever shock absorbers for British cars. (800)362-1025 M-F 8-5 Central or parts@nosimport.com
mowog2 Avatar
Drew Hastings
Albion, Indiana, USA   usa
1969 MG MGC

Jeff.....look forward to meeting you....have one of your distributors in my C...!!!!

"House of the Orange Awning"... stop is manditory for the Mancationers, but thanks for the other suggestions.

Back from Canada but no Ales returned with me.....Kate had me picking up too much other stuff to bring any home this time....guess it is Girly Boy Beer for us.... smiling smiley

Drew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-23 06:55 PM by mowog2.

mowog1 Avatar
Rick Ingram
Saint Joseph, Illinois, USA   usa
1968 MG MGC "The Green C"
1969 MG MGC "Vicky"
1972 MG MGB "Mallard"
1974 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "The V8"
1978 MG MGB "Maggie"

In reply to # 1992980 by mowog2

Back from Canada but no Ales returned with me.....Kate had me picking up too much other stuff to bring any home this time....guess it is Girly Boy Beer for us.... smiling smiley

Drew

Think again.

1968 MGC - 1969 MGC - 1972 MGB - 1974&1/2 MGB/GT V8 conversion - 1978 MGB

mowog1@aol.com

Member Services:
Pieces of Eight! has provided gas-charged bonnet & bootlid strut kits for the MGB/MGC and hatch kits for the MGB/GT-MGC/GT since 1996. We have recently added MG Midget bonnet and bootlid kits to inventory. Contact Rick at: mowog1@aol.com
mowog2 Avatar
Drew Hastings
1969 MG MGC

Bodingtons, Bass and assorted other libations (including girlie boy beer) loaded in the cooler.....let the "swap-meeting" begin....!!!!

Drew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-24 05:20 PM by mowog2.

. You can hide this ad & support the site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info
mowog1 Avatar
Rick Ingram
Saint Joseph, Illinois, USA   usa
1968 MG MGC "The Green C"
1969 MG MGC "Vicky"
1972 MG MGB "Mallard"
1974 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "The V8"
1978 MG MGB "Maggie"

In reply to # 1993835 by mowog2 Bodingtons, Bass and assorted other libations (including girlie boy beer) loaded in the cooler.....let the "swap-meeting" begin....!!!!

Drew

Now you're talking.

We can use the girly-boy beer as a doorstop.

1968 MGC - 1969 MGC - 1972 MGB - 1974&1/2 MGB/GT V8 conversion - 1978 MGB

mowog1@aol.com

Member Services:
Pieces of Eight! has provided gas-charged bonnet & bootlid strut kits for the MGB/MGC and hatch kits for the MGB/GT-MGC/GT since 1996. We have recently added MG Midget bonnet and bootlid kits to inventory. Contact Rick at: mowog1@aol.com
mowog2 Avatar
Drew Hastings
1969 MG MGC

I knew that was coming..... smiling smiley

Drew

mowog2 Avatar
Drew Hastings
1969 MG MGC

At the Naperville Red Roof Inn for tomorrow's swap meet.....next batch of "Mancationers" due in about 30 minutes and Mr Mantell arriving about 7:00pm.......

Drew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-25 02:58 PM by mowog2.

tenntony Avatar
Tony Shoviak
Waterville, Ohio, USA   usa
1952 MG TD
1958 MG MGA 1500 "Wife's Car"
1966 MG MGB
1969 MG MGC GT

Drew,
Watch out for any duck tape......Tony

B-racer Avatar
Jeff Schlemmer
Minnesota, USA   usa
1950 Willys Jeep Pickup "Ratrod"
1955 Chevrolet Thriftmaster
1958 MG magnette
1971 MG MGB "POS"
1973 MG Midget MkII   → more

Our mancations has so far included stops at Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza, donuts from the Doughnut Vault, beer from the Half Acre brewery, hot dogs and kangaroo sausage from Hot Doug's, beef and beer from the Rockwood Tap House, and a stop at Frank Lloyd Wright's house for a bit of culture. They're going to have to roll us out of Chicago.

jeff@advanceddistributors.com

mowog2 Avatar
Drew Hastings
1969 MG MGC

Sorry Jeff.....Rick says "Mancation" is a Servicemarked term and you are not allowed to use it without prior permission and franchise fee.

Drew

mowog2 Avatar
Drew Hastings
1969 MG MGC

We got our culture at Hooters tonight....who'd have thought that Omar's doesn't have a Chicago establishment.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Check the Forum Help File (FAQ) or contact the webmaster.

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

MGExp Menu

What's New

Membership

Forums ->

MGB & GT

MG Midget

Buy, Sell & Trade

Vendor Market

MG Engine Swaps

Original MG