MGB & GT Forum

Please Sign In or Register to Search

Chicagoland swap meet , who's going ?

Posted by dcraddock43 
Dave Craddock
Redford (Detroit), Mi., USA   usa

Hope to see some of you at the British Swap meet in Wheaton, Ill.(chicago) Sun. 2-26
it's a small show but lotsa parts for sale .
Dave Craddock

Member Services:
Preform Resources,Inc./Dave Craddock, MGB composite parts, body kits ,front and rear valances, stock and RV-8 bolt on hoods ,many spridget parts as well. composite parts that FIT! 313-533-2457 http://preformresources.com/ preres@sbcglobal.net
sjboyer Avatar
Scott Boyer
Naperville, Illinois, USA   usa
1977 MG MGB

Not so small - three buildings -

"Our 16th meet promises to be the best yet! It has become a regional event!

The site is an indoor heated facility that is centrally located in the Chicago area. Last year over 800 buyers attended, and the vendor spaces were sold out. This event has had strong support from all of the British car clubs in the Chicago area, and this year looks to be bigger than ever before. Additionally, another major (but non-competitive) event of interest to automotive hobbists is being held simultaneously in the same complex.

The British Car Swap Meet & Autojumble is advertised in all major enthusiast publications as well as many daily newspapers of all major cities surrounding Chicago in a multistate campaign; many out of state buyers and vendors attend this event each year. "
http://www.chicagolandmgclub.com/swapmeet/index.html

mowog1 Avatar
Rick Ingram
Saint Joseph, Illinois, USA   usa
1968 MG MGC "The Green C"
1969 MG MGC "Vicky"
1972 MG MGB "Mallard"
1974 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "The V8"
1978 MG MGB "Maggie"

It's actually threee buildings! (The "main" hall is two buildings that are joined)

I'll be there...near Mantell Motorsports....and probably pretty darned close to Preform Resources/Dave Craddock as well!

Coming in on Saturday night, staying at the Red Roof in Naperville....supper that evening at the House of the Orange Awing...up bright and early on sunday to get to the fairgrounds in Wheaton and set up.

There is usually a toy/model show going on in a fourth building the same day.

See you there!

1968 MGC - 1969 MGC - 1972 MGB - 1974&1/2 MGB/GT V8 conversion - 1978 MGB

mowog1@aol.com

Member Services:
Pieces of Eight! has provided gas-charged bonnet & bootlid strut kits for the MGB/MGC and hatch kits for the MGB/GT-MGC/GT since 1996. We have recently added MG Midget bonnet and bootlid kits to inventory. Contact Rick at: mowog1@aol.com
mowog2 Avatar
Drew Hastings
Albion, Indiana, USA   usa
1969 MG MGC

Will be there in plenty of time for the House of the Orange Awning Festivities. Beer will be on ice by the time you get there Rick....!!!!

Drew

mowog1 Avatar
Rick Ingram
1969 MG MGC "Vicky"
1972 MG MGB "Mallard"
1978 MG MGB "Maggie"

In reply to # 1988981 by mowog2 Will be there in plenty of time for the House of the Orange Awning Festivities. Beer will be on ice by the time you get there Rick....!!!!

Drew

No Girly-Boy Beer allowed!

mowog1@aol.com

Member Services:
Pieces of Eight! has provided gas-charged bonnet & bootlid strut kits for the MGB/MGC and hatch kits for the MGB/GT-MGC/GT since 1996. We have recently added MG Midget bonnet and bootlid kits to inventory. Contact Rick at: mowog1@aol.com
mowog2 Avatar
Drew Hastings
1969 MG MGC

Crap......!!!!! smiling smiley

D.

. You can hide this ad & support the site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info
Bankerdanny Avatar
Daniel Palmer
Chicagoland, USA   usa
1972 MG MGB GT "Dudley"
1977 Honda MC Gold Wing

I'll be there looking for a set of horns for my GT plus anything else that catches my eye

Endeavor to Persevere

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln

-bcw Avatar
Bruce Wyckoff
Zeeland, Michigan, USA   usa

In reply to # 1988981 by mowog2 Will be there in plenty of time for the House of the Orange Awning Festivities. Beer will be on ice by the time you get there Rick....!!!!

Drew

I'll be in Naperville sometime Saturday afternoon, and I don't care what you bring Drew smiling smiley

-bcw

http://www.MG2012.com

Everyone likes flattery; and when you come to Royalty you should lay it on with a trowel. - Benjamin Disraeli

. You can hide this ad & support the site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info
Royal Lichter
Chicago, USA   usa

I will definitely be there!

74MGBV8 Avatar
Dan A
Dallas, USA   usa
1974 MG MGB GT "GT"
1974 MG MGB V8 Conversion "BV8"

X2thumbs up

In reply to # 1989122 by rlich8 I will definitely be there!

mowog2 Avatar
Drew Hastings
1969 MG MGC

Have to be in Canada this week so there might be some Alexander Keith's or Moosehead in the cooler.....!!!

Drew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-19 06:23 PM by mowog2.

B-racer Avatar
Jeff Schlemmer
Minnesota, USA   usa
1950 Willys Jeep Pickup "Ratrod"
1955 Chevrolet Thriftmaster
1958 MG magnette
1971 MG MGB "POS"
1973 MG Midget MkII   → more

I'll be there... arriving Fri night. We have LOTS of good food to eat, and hunt down microbrews that can't be found in MN. Hopefully the guys at Hot Doug's won't be gone on vacation this year...

And if I get lucky I can find new signage for the shop???

jeff@advanceddistributors.com

mowog1 Avatar
Rick Ingram
1969 MG MGC "Vicky"
1972 MG MGB "Mallard"
1978 MG MGB "Maggie"

Jeff...we're staying at the Red Roof in Naperville on Saturday night.

Fine dining at the House of the Orange Awning that evening.

Arriving at fair grounds bright-eyed and bushy tailed on Sunday morning after a quick breakfast at Mickey-D's.

See you sometime!

mowog1@aol.com

Member Services:
AmishIndy Avatar
Seth Jones
Wheaton, IL, USA   usa
1971 MG Midget MkIII "Guenevire"
2007 Mazda 3 "Porco Rosso"

I'm there. Jeff, ar eyou a vender there?

Dave Craddock
Redford (Detroit), Mi., USA   usa

Jeff, you coming down with Brian?
Dave

Member Services:
Preform Resources,Inc./Dave Craddock, MGB composite parts, body kits ,front and rear valances, stock and RV-8 bolt on hoods ,many spridget parts as well. composite parts that FIT! 313-533-2457 http://preformresources.com/ preres@sbcglobal.net

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Check the Forum Help File (FAQ) or contact the webmaster.

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

MGExp Menu

What's New

Membership

Forums ->

MGB & GT

MG Midget

Buy, Sell & Trade

Vendor Market

MG Engine Swaps

Original MG