Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

tfd1115 Avatar
tfd1115 Tom Bernier
Taunton, MA, USA   USA
Hi Michael. You are going to love the outcome. I just finished mine the other day and what a big difference. I put poly bushings in the front and back suspension as well as new springs front and rear. I also put new tie rod ends while I was in there. I did it myself but halfway through trying to put the new bushings in I was questioning myself. Anyway drive safe and enjoy your new upgrades...

Tom B

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ProfGriff Phil Griffin
Charlottetown, PEI, Canada   CAN
1972 MG MGB GT "Tangerine"
In reply to # 3607497 by limey222 Getting the front end of the car rebuilt with new and reconditioned components at a friends shop (British Motor Care, here in Portland) . New uprated springs, Prothane bushings all round, rebuilt Swivels (courtesy of Wade @ W & G Motorworks), rebuilt steering column (courtesy of Gerry Masterman), the front cross member has also been removed, cleaned up and painted and new pads installed. This is the final work for a long time to come and I would have done most of it myself if I hadn't screwed up my back, shoulder and right arm...jeez this must be a labor of love given my suffering.

Nice job! I am planning to drop the front crossmember and do all this to my GT this winter. I hope it turns out as nice as yours.

Cheers

Phil

BrianMcN Avatar
BrianMcN Brian M
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada   CAN
Today was my first actual work on my MGB project. A couple weeks ago a friend found a 1964 MGB being stored in a large shed but it needed to go, and the owner of the car had 3 weeks to get it out of the shed. Eventually a deal was reached and last Wednesday I brought it home. After cataloguing what was all there and discovering that it's mostly complete (just disassembled), tonight I worked on getting the rear passenger brake drum freed up so that the car will roll without having a dolly put under that wheel. Based on the amount of gunk all over the cylinder, I'm fairly certain it was leaking brake fluid when it last ran.

Here's some pictures of the car as we brought it home and the state of the drum brake.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Markp61 Avatar
Markp61 Silver Member Mark Pasquill
MARION, MA, USA   USA
Finished working on the carbs and fuel lines. (71 GT). Next I have a newly blasted 12H709 exhaust manifold to be painted and replace the one that's there. I have a tendency to buy a part , refurbish and install and then sell on the one that comes off, that way I can still enjoy her without being off the road. Had her two years and it's getting there. I'm torn with repainting the engine bay. It's not bad it's still original paint. I have no reason to pull the engine so if I do paint it will be with the engine in place. Can't make my mind up what to do there. I like the fact that's it's still original. Opinions welcomed. First pic is the day I picked her up 2 yrs ago

Attachments:
IMG_0554.JPG    19.7 KB
IMG_0554.JPG

IMG_9556.JPG    49.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_6374.JPG    60.6 KB
ProfGriff Phil Griffin
Charlottetown, PEI, Canada   CAN
1972 MG MGB GT "Tangerine"
It looks great Mark. On the engine compartment, think of it this way: you can paint it anytime, but it's only original once.

Cheers

Phil

Grahamhaber Avatar
Grahamhaber Graham Haber
Dingman Township. Pa., NYC,New York, USA   USA
In reply to # 3607832 by Markp61 Finished working on the carbs and fuel lines. (71 GT). Next I have a newly blasted 12H709 exhaust manifold to be painted and replace the one that's there. I have a tendency to buy a part , refurbish and install and then sell on the one that comes off, that way I can still enjoy her without being off the road. Had her two years and it's getting there. I'm torn with repainting the engine bay. It's not bad it's still original paint. I have no reason to pull the engine so if I do paint it will be with the engine in place. Can't make my mind up what to do there. I like the fact that's it's still original. Opinions welcomed. First pic is the day I picked her up 2 yrs ago

The green looks great! Never seen that on air filters and valve cover. Very nice!

EAST GRINSTEAD, West Sussex, UK   GBR
Upgraded interior lights with LED's and moved the O/D switch from the gear stick to the dash...accomplished thanks to this site. If it stops raining I'll take her out for a drive!

Chinick Avatar
Chinick Humberto Hernan Herrera
Panama, Panama, Panama   PAN
Some progress. Installed a new front valance.

Attachments:
IMG_1731.jpg    24.9 KB
IMG_1731.jpg

Markp61 Avatar
Markp61 Silver Member Mark Pasquill
MARION, MA, USA   USA
Thanks. Just wanted it to be different. Just like my treatment of the Fishmouth or the interior. A little different.

In reply to # 3607975 by Grahamhaber
In reply to # 3607832 by Markp61 Finished working on the carbs and fuel lines. (71 GT). Next I have a newly blasted 12H709 exhaust manifold to be painted and replace the one that's there. I have a tendency to buy a part , refurbish and install and then sell on the one that comes off, that way I can still enjoy her without being off the road. Had her two years and it's getting there. I'm torn with repainting the engine bay. It's not bad it's still original paint. I have no reason to pull the engine so if I do paint it will be with the engine in place. Can't make my mind up what to do there. I like the fact that's it's still original. Opinions welcomed. First pic is the day I picked her up 2 yrs ago

The green looks great! Never seen that on air filters and valve cover. Very nice!

Attachments:
IMG_3730.JPG    62.2 KB
IMG_3730.JPG

IMG_3861.JPG    43.9 KB
dickstag Avatar
dickstag Silver Member Richard Stagnone
Holbrook, MA, USA   USA
1966 MG MGB "Unknown MGB"
1973 MG MGB
1973 MG MGB "Mellow Yellow"
1974 MG MGB MkII "Ms Violet"
Had an hour so I got under the car and removed the drivers side sway bar end link. Of couree this link was fused to the front wishbone of the lower A Arm. Removed the lower front wishbone.

I got the sway bar off too.

Called it a night.

Replacement parts from Moss arrive tomorrow but they will have to wait till Saturday.

Chronic Iguana Avatar
Port Charlotte, FL, USA   USA
1977 MG MGB
The wheels of the large rubber trash toter scraped against the concrete garage floor as I slowly backed the MG into the bright Florida sun. The driver's side door I'd inadvertently left open had somehow managed to hook the big green beast, skidding it no more than a foot or two before I realized what was happening and jumped on the brakes. The near-empty container weighed next to nothing. No real harm, I figured. No foul. I pulled the door shut behind me.

Creak. Pop. Oh crap. I opened the door. More creaking. More popping. And a brand new vertical paint chip along the door's leading edge. My "harmless" ultra slow-speed collision with the toter had sprung the door. It was binding when it opened and closed. And the paint was paying the price.

Today the door panel comes off to expose the hinges. An obvious and easy fix. Right? Yeah, right.

Ex-Calif Avatar
Ex-Calif Gold Member Dan D
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB GT "Bart - Yellow And Naughty"
1977 MG MGB "Red Betty"
2012 Jeep Liberty "Tank"
2014 Hyundai Accent "Skate"
After a car show washout and dodgy weather the last few days I was glad to drive the roadster to our club meeting last night for a burger and BS session.

Somehow got roped into being the club's communications and activities secretary. I guess that's what I get for complainging about our website so much...

The goal - Reliable summer driver interspersed with mechanical tinkering...
Motto - "Driving fifty in the twisties..."
On Mods - It's your damn car - Do what you want. Haters gonna hate...
On SUVs - Drive your B like a soccer mom is texting her friends about how she wants to kill you...
Red Betty - http://www.mgexp.com/registry/GHN5UH418165
Bart - http://www.mgexp.com/registry/GHD4U146898G

grafen22 Avatar
grafen22 Silver Member Alonzo Atkinson
San Antonio, TX, USA   USA
1976 MG MGB
Morning drive in the Texas Hill Country.

Attachments:
River Road Trip.pdf    386.6 KB

76 MGB.jpg    71.9 KB
Mrblowhard2U Avatar
Mrblowhard2U Glenn Wellington
Eugene, Oregon, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB "Irene"
This didn't happen today but, two days ago. At a stop light some guy ran a red light and I hit the brakes and the guy behind me hit my 'B' in the rear. We swapped information but, now my insurance company called and said there's an issue.They won't tell me what but, I think the guy cancelled or let his policy elapse. He hasn't called it in and they can't reach him. I took it in for an estimate but, they haven't called me yet. Anyway "Irene" is still drivable. Here's some photos of the damage.

Attachments:
DSCF1712.JPG    38.2 KB
DSCF1712.JPG

DSCF1714.JPG    50.4 KB
DSCF1715.JPG    44.6 KB
DSCF1716.JPG    40 KB
Grommit55 Avatar
Grommit55 Silver Member Harry Midgley
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada   CAN
1970 MG MGB GT
1974 MG MGB
-4C And frost this morning. Eventually got the car running and warmed up. Then off to get a set of decals installed. Not purist stuff, but I really like the new look. Plus my Wife is even letting me keep the car in the garage overnight until it cures. Think the garage looks much better with a pair of MG's in it.

Cheers: Harry W.

Attachments:
GT Decals 001.JPG    60.1 KB
GT Decals 001.JPG

GT Decals 004.JPG    62.9 KB
GT Decals 007.JPG    57 KB

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster