AutoShrine Sponsor

Ex-Calif Avatar
Ex-Calif Gold Member Dan D
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB GT "Bart - Yellow And Naughty"
1977 MG MGB "Red Betty"
2012 Jeep Liberty "Tank"
2014 Hyundai Accent "Skate"
@Arnold - I hope after graduation she got a better job than "pizza delivery" - LOL...

@ Rick - Beautiful collection of cars.

Long boring story about winshield wipers deleted but installed 2 brand new wiper arms and wiper blade assemblies on the GT. I was pretty surprised that the quality is quite good.

Very timely. Got caught in a rain shower on the way home from work.

The goal - Reliable summer driver interspersed with mechanical tinkering...
Motto - "Driving fifty in the twisties..."
On Mods - It's your damn car - Do what you want. Haters gonna hate...
On SUVs - Drive your B like a soccer mom is texting her friends about how she wants to kill you...
Red Betty - http://www.mgexp.com/registry/GHN5UH418165
Bart - http://www.mgexp.com/registry/GHD4U146898G

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-12 06:25 AM by Ex-Calif.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
Donthuis Avatar
Donthuis Don van Riet
Rijswijk, ZH, Netherlands   NLD
Finalized my 6000 miles maintenance interval actions today: new engine oil and filter, grease via the kingpin nipples, check on the steering rack hypoid (at last no more leaks after renewing the pinion seal) and a number of checkpoints. One of which seemed a leaking filler stop on my banjo axle which I noticed by oilstains in a new location. After my own check on the integrity of the RR bearing I had overfilled the axle with the B leaning slightly forwards. But this stop should close off any oil and did not. Remembering an earlier post on MGE I put an end to this by using teflontape on its threads after letting the excess oil drip out of the orifice.

The excellent MAN W 916/1 oil filter is now harder to find in a general automotive chain, so I now ordered two on a website for a wider assortment in parts where they are still present in abundance. Together with "Kroon" oil in a 20W50 5 liter container. This shows the power of the Web and their "long tail" also meeting our statistically less important oldtimer demands

BTW this chain I could not find the filter on once catered for my beloved Classic oil variant in 20W60 at a low price, now gone...
20W60 is still in the assortment of Penrite UK, but very expensive and costly to get transported to Holland. sad smiley

PS When buying blue glycol antifreeze only "ethaandiol" could be found, but a WIKI search equalled this to glycol after all thumbs up

Peterz3 Peter Ray
Lodmore lane, Cheshire, UK   GBR
had to move my mgb off the car lift so I can get my discovery onto the lift (it needs a new clutch) , when it tried the engine and gear box last week the clutch worked ok but now nothing peddle just goes to the floor no signs of any leaks no movement of the slave cylinder tried it again after beading it ,nothing looks like the master cylinder has given up which is a bit annoying as it was new when I fitted it a few months ago
peterz3

Riff Raff Avatar
Riff Raff Al J
Maryland, USA   USA
1979 MG MGB
The PO installed it, it is a "Windblocker" brand, I believe sold by Moss and others. There's a bunch of threads on it here.
I cut the tabs off mine, so it folds down for warm weather use (and when the top is up). But it is up 90% of the time, I don't have much hair to mess up but the wife is more particular.

In reply to # 3571050 by Michaelckeel Well my Best Buy guy was a real pro and I watched to make sure he did the job right. Easy to picture that is not always the case though.

Al - where did you get that awesome windblocker?

Mike

flyboy642 Avatar
flyboy642 Herb Amster
Boynton Beach, FL, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB "New Baby"
Richard:

Thanks for the first hand advice. Still trying to make up my mind what to do. I wonder if anyone has placed a wireless sound bar on the back shelf. Just brainstorming.

Thanks,
Herb

oshawaMGguy Avatar
oshawaMGguy Greg Wright
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada   CAN
Finally got the heat shield insulation in the mail yesterday and got them put on the shield (been having a problem with vapor lock lately) and shined her up for the Brits on the Lake show in Port Perry (Ontario) tomorrow.

1974 1/2 Blaze Red MGB, member of the British Saloon Car Club of Canada (EastEnders Chapter)

Attachments:
IMG_20170812_182025.jpg    60.9 KB
IMG_20170812_182025.jpg

dickstag Avatar
dickstag Silver Member Richard Stagnone
Holbrook, MA, USA   USA
1966 MG MGB "Unknown MGB"
1973 MG MGB
1973 MG MGB "Mellow Yellow"
1974 MG MGB MkII "Ms Violet"
Got the new clutch slave SS hose installed. Popped the starter back in. Double wrapped the power wires which connect to the starter with electrical tape.

Installed the new clutch slave cylinder.

Lightly sanded the air filter covers which a previous owner painted metallic blue. Painted it with Eastwood Chassis Black.

Went down to local Ace Hardware with the Master Cylinder mounting bracket along with the two new MC. Bought all new bolts and screws that go into reinstalling it.

dickstag Avatar
Holbrook, MA, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB
Came across this on the MA RMV website about Vanity plates.

Vanity plates can be ordered for private passenger, commercial, motorcycle, livery, bus, camper or antique vehicles. All vanity plates must begin with two letters. The plate can be no more than six characters, or a maximum of five characters for motorcycle plates. Vanity plates cannot have letters and numbers intermixed. For example: "MY65MG."

MGB74 is taken. I am considering MGBE74. Any other suggestions that conform with MA rules.

dohc281 Avatar
dohc281 Ira Eckstein
Laurel Springs, New Jersey, USA   USA
How about 74MGB

If you hit your pony over the nose at the outset of your acquaintance, he may not love you, but he will take a deep interest in your movements ever afterwards.

Rudyard Kipling

dickstag Avatar
Holbrook, MA, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB
Against the rules. Must start with two or more alpha

billgknapp Avatar
billgknapp Silver Member Bill Knapp
Rochester, Michigan, USA   USA
1977 MG MGB "Nigel"
OMG or OMG74

Michaelckeel Avatar
Michaelckeel Michael Keel
Birmingham, Alabama, USA   USA
1970 MG MGB
Thanks I'll check it out.
Mike

barrybarnes Avatar
barrybarnes Silver Member Barry Barnes
Reno, Nevada, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB "ZoooomB"
It could be MGB74T or MGB74G depending on whether it was a Tourer - proper MG terminology for what we call a "convertible" - or a GT.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-12 08:26 PM by barrybarnes.

dickstag Avatar
Holbrook, MA, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB
Against the rules. Can have no alpha after numeric, must begin with at least two alpha. But maybe MGBT74 could work.

Thank You for the suggestion.

ReggieB Avatar
ReggieB Gold Member Reg Beckett
Carstairs, Alberta, Canada   CAN
1974 MG MGB "GGB"
Today I reset all of carb setting that I putzed withlast week.Sheesh it was running great so in my infinite wisdom I started adjusting shit.No rhyme or reason just twiddling away.Carbs out of wack timing out of wack idle out of wack.
So today I methodically put everything back right.Tomorrow I will check the vacume advance unit on my new pertronix dizzy.It seems to be leaking but I will test with my vav tool tomorrow.
Three good long test drives dialing in everything.
Let me add. This forums resources rock using them is what got me through my latest MGB adventure.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1972 MG MGB GT

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links