AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

D McC Avatar
Dave M
Hays, KS, USA   usa
1968 MG MGB

Bought a used engine stand for $50 and removed the shift boot and cover assembly. I cannot put off the engine and trans work much longer...

Ishka Bibble
Abbington, MGFactory, UK   gbr

I have been driving it to work so that I can get estimates on paint, exhaust work, get keys made, etc. I found out today that it is water resistant not water proof. It is fine while moving, but sitting still there are drips under the dash after several hours of sitting. Those of you who have taken off the door panels and chrome strips, is there a method to the madness or just the careful use of a screwdriver? It seems they pop off pretty easily to me.

A final question is; do the door panels usually follow the same color as the seats? My panels are black but the seats are brown. The dash, carpet and steering wheel are black. The seat belts are brown. Top is black and car is BRG.

clarky2o2o Avatar
Adam Clark
Gay, WV, USA   usa
1975 MG MGB

Today I didnt do anything to my MGB but I did hear of 1 for sale "Close" by. It was a 1980 Model (5 years newer than the 1 im currently rebuilding)had some new stuff put on and the guy wanted $1500 for it.

Unfortunatly he posted in the wrong state. he posted Flatwoods, WV but lived in Flatwoods, KY. its about 300 mile 1 way from me. and thats on the interstate If we bought it wed have to drive around 500 in backroads.

So anyone in KY wanting an MGB ...I know a guy.^_^

. You can hide this ad & support the site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info
ohlord Avatar
Rob C
North of Seattle, N.W., USA   usa
1971 MG MGB "Bedouin 2"

In reply to # 2306257 by SpridgetNut I have been driving it to work so that I can get estimates on paint, exhaust work, get keys made, etc. I found out today that it is water resistant not water proof. It is fine while moving, but sitting still there are drips under the dash after several hours of sitting. Those of you who have taken off the door panels and chrome strips, is there a method to the madness or just the careful use of a screwdriver? It seems they pop off pretty easily to me.

A final question is; do the door panels usually follow the same color as the seats? My panels are black but the seats are brown. The dash, carpet and steering wheel are black. The seat belts are brown. Top is black and car is BRG.

Victoria British has pdf files on door panel removal and side stainless removal and replacement. You don't want to use a screw driver and you do want to remove the few inner fittings at the fender fronts and inside the door to ease removal of the stainless trim. The Roadster factory sells the highest quality SS side trim.
As to the colors it all depends. Is it a true 1977 BRG color code? You can find color choices and interior carpet and door panel options either in the forum library or on the net. If you want to go stock that is what you need to look at,if the car is not really an oem BRG you need to choose what suits your fancy.
If it's a true 77 green it is most likely if stock, Brooklands green paint code BLVC169 black or autumn leaf carpets.autumn leaf seats

Heritage cert is worthwhile if you want to really know what color options it left in.

"You take off the roof and the top is the height of the nearest Star"

yonbear Avatar
Andy Mathers
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia   aus
1972 MG MGB MkII "Bee2 (B2)"

At last .. the sun was shining (for a while at least) and I got B2 out for a 45 minute drive this morning. After two weeks of continuous wet weather we both needed to get rid of a few cobwebs. And we did!

Andy M grinning smiley

. You can hide this ad & support the site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info
DeanSweet Avatar
Dean Sweet
Springboro, Ohio, USA   usa
1965 MG MGB
1976 MG MGB
1991 BMW 318i Sedan
1991 BMW 318is Coupe
2008 Honda Fit   → more

Drove the B to dinner last night. The snow was so pretty here in SouthWest Ohio...

stuntflyr Avatar
Chris McMillin
Los Angeles, USA   usa

I got it to run today, on ether.
It wouldn't keep running on the old gas that was in it, so I'll drain that stuff and add new gas tomorrow.
Chris...

Colinf007 Avatar
Colin Forrest
Whitburn, West Lothian, UK   gbr
1974 MG MGB MkII "Kukie"

Hi All
On the home strech with the front end rebuldsmiling bouncing smiley, posting some photos of rebuild, uprated shocks and new stainless brake hoses, waiting on Stainless back pates and new discs to arrive spinning smiley sticking its tongue out then I will fit my recently rebuilt and painted callipers.
What is it about these little cars taht becomes so addictive!

Colinf007 Avatar
Colin Forrest
Whitburn, West Lothian, UK   gbr
1974 MG MGB MkII "Kukie"

Photos of front end rebuildsmiling bouncing smiley

Attachments:
MGB Front End Rebuild 1.jpg    56.7 KB
MGB Front End Rebuild 1.jpg

MGB Front End Rebuild 2.jpg    51.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
MGB Front End Rebuild 3.jpg    48.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
pinkyponk Avatar
Adrian Page
Berwick, Nova Scotia, Canada   can

Looks great Colin. You'll probably get a bunch of weenies tell you it's easier to build up the front end after the cross member is in place but I did the way you did... and enjoyed the process.

Don't forget to put the front mounting bolts in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-08 06:42 AM by pinkyponk.

D McC Avatar
Dave M
Hays, KS, USA   usa
1968 MG MGB

Beautiful work Colin. Probably easier to pull the whole thing out if it needs new bushes all around and paint, etc.

jcutch1313 Avatar
Jordan C
Gaffney, SC, USA   usa
1979 MG MGB

Drove it to school this morning. 27 degrees here in Gaffney and she started on the 3rd try and ran great the whole way.

dennis1978redo Avatar
dennis pierce
Fox Island, wash., USA   usa
1979 MG MGB ""LIPS""

Took her off the battery minder and adj. r brakes. Changed oil (20=50 Castrol) and away we went spinning smiley sticking its tongue out low 50`s w/sun

Ishka Bibble
Abbington, MGFactory, UK   gbr

Painted my trunk in prep for the whole body paint job in a few weeks. The weekend will be when all the chrome comes off, and I have a few patch panels to fit in the usual spots, then it is off to the painter. My list of projects is getting short and I am driving it daily. They like to be driven, not just watched!

stuntflyr Avatar
Chris McMillin
Los Angeles, USA   usa

It runs on gasoline, finally. The front carb was really lean, it'd quit immediately when raising the piston. I'll get 'er tomorrow.
Chris...

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Check the Forum Help File (FAQ) or contact the webmaster.

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

MGExp Menu

What's New

Membership

Forums ->

MGB & GT

MG Midget

Buy, Sell & Trade

Vendor Market

MG Engine Swaps

Original MG