Welcome! Sign In Register
Please Sign In or Register to Search

What did you do to your MGB today?

Posted by Stretch GT 
calnegtdriver Avatar
dave hagan
calne, calne wiltshire, United Kingdom   gbr

i`ll try this again
. You can hide this ad & support this site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info

Attachments:
respray 8.pdf (298 KB) –

MG Unlimited Avatar
Lou Medeiros
Londonderry, NH, USA   usa
1980 MG MGB Limited Edition (LE) "Black Betty"

Rick (oldredsel) would be proud of me...i actually drove my car. Today, i finished installing carpet, seats, adjusted valves, adjusted my steering wheel (so it's straight), gave it a bath...AND DROVE THE EVER LOVIN SHEEEET OUT OF IT!!!!!!!!
Has been since October. Loved every minute of it. Can't wait till it is actually warm enought where the wind doesn't make my nose run and blow on the windshield behind me.smiling bouncing smiley
yonbear Avatar
Andy Mathers
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia   aus
1972 MG MGB MkII "Bee2 (B2)"

Unfortunately nothing. Poor thing was left sulking under its car cover in the garage. We spent most of yesterday racing around doing family stuff including visisting one member in hospital after a mild heart attack. Little chance of firing the "B" up today either. Tomorrow ... I'll give her a run tomorrow. Might even do our first evening drive. Haven't taken her on a night run at all yet. And its been three months. Gotta make sure the lights work don't I? Besides, the temp is perfect then at this time of year. (Don't panic folks, we are in Brisbane Australia and February is our hottest and stickiest month). cool smiley
. You can hide this ad & support this site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info
69GT Avatar
Robert Tyree
Murrieta, CA, USA   usa
1969 MG MGB GT "The B"
1975 MG MGB "Tangerine Sky"

New hood struts from Pieces of Eight installed!!!!
Burrell77 Avatar
Cburrell77 Burrell
New Hampshire, USA   usa

Weather was beautiful today a high of 35 degrees. I pulled the car cover off, then checked my compression ( happy all cylinders were 150-155), adjusted the valves, changed oil, checked all the fluid levels, greased all the fittings and tightened bolts. And I got to enjoy taking my kids for a ride.
Bankerdanny Avatar
Daniel Palmer
Chicagoland, USA   usa
1972 MG MGB GT "Dudley"
1977 Honda MC Gold Wing

Dave, that's a great blue.

Didn't do anything on the car today. I am hoping to get the needles I ordered last week early enough tomorrow to install them and see if it stops backfiring on the highway.

Endeavor to Persevere

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
bobbygee Avatar
bobby galvez
Round Rock, Texas, USA   usa
1952 MG TD ""Duckie Tee""
1979 MG MGB "Duckie Too"

Poor thing got left out in pouring rain under its cover but with only the tonneau on - top was down. Interior took in quite a bit of water through the tonneau zipper. I dried everything off with a towel, pulled out carpets and mats to dry. Went to Home Depot and got a a small tub of Damp Rid and put it in the car.

Also put the top up before replacing the cover. cool smiley

BobbyG
forestghost07 Avatar
Marco Sinai
Florida, USA   usa
1972 MG MGB GT "Viajero"
1980 MG MGB MkIV "Diva"
1999 Chevrolet Blazer "Works For Gas"

Drove mine 80 mi round trip to a LBC show, PLT got lots of attention and questions and I made a great new friend from OUR club right here thumbs up smiley

Attachments:
IMG_1680.JPG (48 KB) –
IMG_1680.JPG

bawest47232 Avatar
bruce west
houston, tx, USA   usa
1980 MG MGB "Maggie"

I woke up this morning with only a simple bleeding of the brakes standing between me and my first drive after six months of work. As usual, I'm going to bed tonight waiting for parts to arrive. I will have a rebuilt Master cylinder next week. Not to mention a sore leg from pumping a workless one for hours.
oldredsel Avatar
Rick Crosby
South Dartmouth, Massachusetts, USA   usa
1959 Edsel Villager "OLD Red EDSEL"
1969 MG MGB GT "Emma"
2003 Chevrolet S10 "The S10"
2011 Subaru Forester "Mom's Princess Mobile"
2013 Ford F-150 Pickup 4WD "The Behemoth"

In reply to # 1989043 by MG Unlimited Rick (oldredsel) would be proud of me...i actually drove my car. Today, i finished installing carpet, seats, adjusted valves, adjusted my steering wheel (so it's straight), gave it a bath...AND DROVE THE EVER LOVIN SHEEEET OUT OF IT!!!!!!!!
Has been since October. Loved every minute of it. Can't wait till it is actually warm enought where the wind doesn't make my nose run and blow on the windshield behind me.smiling bouncing smiley

Hey Lou!

I AM proud of you!thumbs up

It was a beautiful here along the coast! Sunny and upper 40's. In addition to the more mundane errands, ran the route of the MA/RI Coastal MG Tour we have scheduled for May 5, 2012.cool smiley And along the way, encountered MGE member Greg M (gmottamgdriver) out in his 1967 black roadster giving it some exercise. Always fun to meet another MG out on the road!smiling smiley

Added 172 miles to the odometer by the time she went back into the garage. . . and she got a bath, too!winking smiley

Cheers,

Rick
Scott Martin
Wimauma, Florida, USA   usa
1979 MG MGB

Cleaned it up for a little road work.
Need to exercise the B today.

Attachments:
P2200020.JPG (40.4 KB) –
P2200020.JPG

P2200021.JPG (37.3 KB) –
Please Sign In or Register to view this photo
cfrantz Avatar
Chris Frantz
Mississippi, USA   usa
1957 MG MGA
1964 MG MGB

Drove it work after lunch. Sunny and low 50s right now. Beautiful day.
JimM Avatar
Jim Martens
Gainesville, GA, USA   usa
1974 MG MGB

Just back from a hop into town and back. Not fat but still fun. Thinking I need to put the top up and stetch it a bit - it's been down for months.

Never forgot my first vehicle at 17, a 77 B.
30 years later graduated to a 74 chrome bumpered B.

High-torque starter, sports coil, pertronix elect. ignition, SU solid state fuel pump, HIF-4 carbs (rebuilt May 2011).
pinkyponk Avatar
Adrian Page
Berwick, Nova Scotia, Canada   can

I matched my intake manifold to my head. Lots of careful grinding.
Exhaust ports are next!
Karl La Follette
homosassa, Homosassa , florida, USA   usa

moved the 65 out of storage gonna put a 63 net to it rebuild them both sell
forestghost07 Avatar
Marco Sinai
Florida, USA   usa
1972 MG MGB GT "Viajero"
1980 MG MGB MkIV "Diva"

Today in the middle of window prepping for the upcoming tint job - after getting bloody rediculous quotes gonna do it myself dammit. It'll be very light density slightly reflective gray - just enough to abate the heat a little (cheaper than A/C)

cleaned up DPO's horrible silicone sealing job on the door wing vents

Removed door top caps

Removed seat belt reels

Undid flipper window latches, scraped 40 yrs of crud and excess glazing out of the frames so there's a good edge to work with.

Tonight clean the hell outa the glass - gonna take my time on this job.
Karl La Follette

In reply to # 1989942 by forestghost07 Today in the middle of window prepping for the upcoming tint job - after getting bloody rediculous quotes gonna do it myself dammit. It'll be very light density slightly reflective gray - just enough to abate the heat a little (cheaper than A/C)

cleaned up DPO's horrible silicone sealing job on the door wing vents

Removed door top caps

Removed seat belt reels

Undid flipper window latches, scraped 40 yrs of crud and excess glazing out of the frames so there's a good edge to work with.

Tonight clean the hell outa the glass - gonna take my time on this job.

marco i cAN pre cut all the tint for you if you want its what i do ,,, karl
forestghost07 Avatar
Marco Sinai
Florida, USA   usa
1972 MG MGB GT "Viajero"
1980 MG MGB MkIV "Diva"

Hi Karl nice to meet you smiling smiley Aww man if I had only posted this yesterday - I can't return the material now I've used some already. Thanks alot though - I'll be OK hehe no deadline or clock to punch on this job
Karl La Follette

Enjoy window tinting sometimes can change a person religion I am here for you if need be
Bankerdanny Avatar
Daniel Palmer
Chicagoland, USA   usa
1972 MG MGB GT "Dudley"
1977 Honda MC Gold Wing

Installed the new AAB needles. The only word I can think of to describe the effect is transformative. The car runs so much better. No more backfiring on the highway, it pulls cleanly from 1500 rpms in top, it runs cooler. It was just a pleasure to drive.

Endeavor to Persevere

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln

Reply to this topic or post your own questions!

Members Sign In if you've already registered, or

Register a New Account

Registration is free and takes less than a minute

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Check the Forum Help File (FAQ) or contact the webmaster.

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

MGExp Menu

What's New

Membership

Forums ->

MGB & GT

MG Midget

Buy, Sell & Trade

Vendor Market

MG Engine Swaps

Original MG