MGB & GT Forum

Welcome! Sign In Register
Please Sign In or Register to Search

Any British Repair Shops in San Francisco East Bay Area?

Posted by kaduku 
kaduku Avatar
Dakine Bruddah
San Francisco Bay Area, USA   usa
1971 MG MGB "Kaduku"

I am new to this forum and wondering if anyone here knows of a good repair shop that specializes in MGBs. I live in Walnut Creek.

kaduku
1971 MGB Roadster
. You can hide this ad & support this site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info
Motorcar Garage Avatar
Pete Motorcar Garage
Moorestown, NJ, USA   usa

Several in the area. You might start by searching the British Motor Trade Associations website. There are a couple in the Bay area.
http://britcar.org/members.php

OldBloke Avatar
Jim Legg
Napa, California, USA   usa
1970 Rover 3500
1971 MG MGB GT
1972 MG MGB V6 Conversion
1973 MG MGB "Tagalong"

Not too far from you in Napa: Imports Unlimited
2530 Stockton Street
707-255-6155

"Not all who wander are lost." -J.R.R. Tolkien
. You can hide this ad & support this site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info
kaduku Avatar
Dakine Bruddah
1971 MG MGB "Kaduku"

Thanks for the info guys, but I was hoping someplace closer, like within 10 miles or something.
Swamperca Avatar
Swamper CA
-, Nor Cal, USA   usa
1968 MG MGC GT
1968 MG MGC GT "Cruiser"
1969 MG MGB GT "Rat"
1969 MG MGC GT "Cee Rod"
1970 MG MGB GT "Widow"   → more

Pleasanton has a plaace but I don't have their info at work here.
RSS Avatar
RSS Gold Member
R SS
Virginia, USA   usa

British Motorsports, Inc. in Campbell. They're not far from you and do EXCELLENT work.

Congress is proposing a bill that would give President Obama a kill switch that he could use to freeze all activity on the Internet if there were a national emergency. The kill switch goes by the top-secret name Microsoft Windows. –Conan O'Brien
FrankE Avatar
Frank Papp
SF Bay area, USA   usa
1979 MG MGB

There's one in Hayward on Mission Blvd. I can dig up the business card if you need; a quick Google search doesn't locate them.

There are also MG shops in Gilroy, Stockton and San Luis Obispo; might be further than you want. They are all very willing to help via phone

thanks
frank

kaduku Avatar
Dakine Bruddah
1971 MG MGB "Kaduku"

These are all excellent recommendations! Pleasanton would be the closest then Hayward. Getting closer guys, keep it coming til I can walk to it. LOL
tdelony Avatar
Tim Delony
CA, USA   usa

I have no personal experience but I have heard from another source that Joe's Foreign Automotive on North Main Street in Walnut Creek can do some MGB repairs. I would be intereseted to hear what you find out from them....
mac townsend Avatar
Fairfield, CA, USA   usa

I believe the reference to Pleasanton is either Shadetree Motors (who was parts only, and has passed away anyhow) or perhaps Brian Marshall (bugeyev8, is his forum "handle"winking smiley who visits here most every day.

There is a guy up on top of the ridge in Richmond who's quite old now but has worked on them most all his life--David Laughlin (510)234-6624 (eves, his card says)

1973 Roadster. A nice 50-footer!
SUs, Datsun 5-speed
MGB Tips and Tricks: www.mgrescue.com
Swamperca Avatar
Swamper CA
-, Nor Cal, USA   usa
1968 MG MGC GT
1968 MG MGC GT "Cruiser"
1969 MG MGB GT "Rat"
1969 MG MGC GT "Cee Rod"
1970 MG MGB GT "Widow"   → more

BugeyeV8 is the one.
mac townsend Avatar
Fairfield, CA, USA   usa

Swamperca Wrote:
Quote: BugeyeV8 is the one.

I'd recommend him. I've seen some of his work...quite nice!

SUs, Datsun 5-speed
kaduku Avatar
Dakine Bruddah
1971 MG MGB "Kaduku"

Looks like I found someone. Met Joe from Joe's Foreign Automotive. They are like 1.5 miles away (Very Nice!!!!). Thanks everyone for your help.

I just love forums man!

http://www.joesforeignautomotive.com/main.html?src=%2Findex2.html#1,0
liamof Avatar
Liam O'Flaherty
Novato, California, USA   usa

You may want to check out the local mg club for the east bay. MG Owners Club. Check out www.mgoc.org for their info.
I met a bunch of them at their annual picnic in China Camp here in Marin on the other side of the bay from you. the local referals for good shops is by itself worth the price of admission.

Hope to see you on the road soon,

Liam
philippe habets
SF Bay, California, USA   usa

I know someone who worked at Joe's Foreign Automotive, and the PO of my car used that shop too.
There is also a shop on contra costa blvd, just past the BevMo coming from pleasant hill, I forget the name and from who I heard about them but I'm pretty sure they do MG work as well.
There is a body shop in Walnut Creek that does MGs, Miracle Auto Painting & Body Repair. 1075 Boulevard Way.

I live in Pleasant Hill, goodluck
kaduku Avatar
Dakine Bruddah
1971 MG MGB "Kaduku"

This is great! Glad to see other guys near me with the same passion. This is my third MGB. I had a 71 and 72 back in the early 1990s, and regret selling them, so I bought another 71 recently.
ShickenChit Avatar
Toby Foster
Danville, CA, USA   usa

In reply to a post by kaduku Looks like I found someone. Met Joe from Joe's Foreign Automotive. They are like 1.5 miles away (Very Nice!!!!). Thanks everyone for your help.

I just love forums man!

http://www.joesforeignautomotive.com/main.html?src=%2Findex2.html#1,0

Kaduku, just sent you a PM about your experience with Joe's in Walnut Creek (or just reply to this thread so all can benefit). Has anyone else had an experience with Joe's Foreign Automotive in Walnut Creek since the last posting on this thread four months ago? Looks like I'm limping to the shop soon with likely bad piston ring (and whatever underlying issue caused that...)
mac townsend Avatar
Fairfield, CA, USA   usa

There's a place in WC off N Main just up from Ygnacio Valley in that little side street that goes off to the right before the freeway.

I do not know name. I am not recommending. I've never dealt with them and I don't know anyone who has (I do my own work).

OK. You've found him, I see.

On occasion I've run down to WC to help a forum member.

There is a place in Vacaville where the guy has been working on MGs and such for 40 years (and every other car as well). He has a Bugeye with a B engine.OD in it)..

SUs, Datsun 5-speed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2010 02:46PM by mac townsend.
WCBR Avatar
Michael Green
Livermore, CALIF, USA   usa

Since 1981... West Coast British, 190 Airway Blvd @ Livermore Airport. 925 606 8301, offroadexperience.com/wcb
I worked for British Sports Car Service as a kid, learned a lot! Then for BL at port, and opened WCB in '81. Come see our SCCA "EP" MGB we're racing currently. We do repairs, restorations and racing building/prep/track side support

Reply to this topic or post your own questions!

Members Sign In if you've already registered, or

Register a New Account

Registration is free and takes less than a minute

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Check the Forum Help File (FAQ) or contact the webmaster.

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Adjust Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save