Member ID: LavoMember Status: Free Member
North Wales, United Kingdom
Member Since: 2010-06-26
Home Site: The MG Experience
Email: [Sign in to view]
Website: [No website]
Last Login: 2013-05-21 11:05:56
Forum Activity: 2013-05-21 11:26:27
Forum Posts: 102
1 Vehicles -- Total mileage: 91,000 mi (146,450 km) -- Average age: 1977
There are 4 total entries in this Journal.
Showing summary of the most recent Journal entries:
Posted on: Tuesday July 31, 2012
Well, I checked the choke and throttle cables, all was well so I took out my can of 'Easy Start' and sprayed all the possible places a vacuum leak could occur but there was no change in the engine note. I was beginning to fear there may be a problem with the timing as I could not sort the timing out as the engine was revving too high. In a last ditch attempt to sort this I removed the carbs again and took out the new throttle discs I had installed and put back my old discs complete with poppet v...
Posted on: Thursday July 26, 2012
Well the new manifold gasket came today so I rolled up my sleeves and set to task. The manifold went on with very few problems and my new stainless steel exhaust was finally securely fitted to the car.However the problems started when the carbs went back on and all the pipework connected.First of all the choke linkage was still sticking. I eventually sorted that and then came the big turn on. I gave it some choke, turned the key and the car sprung into life. There was some smoke and fumes but I...
Posted on: Wednesday July 25, 2012
I was unfortunate enough to suffer an engine fire towards the end of May 2012 due to a leaking carb hose and an engine backfire. My car was returned to me on 23/7/12. The insurance company was very slow to sort out repairs to the bodywork which required a front end respray. The choke cable was crispy and the window washer was toast. I decided to rebuild the carbs myself. The car came back to me with burnt hoses and a still crispy choke cable. The mechanic was good enough to place a new choke cab...
Posted on: Wednesday July 14, 2010
I have today fitted a new radiator fan switch as the old one ceased working. the grommet supplied with the new switch was considerably smaller than the one fitted with less of the grommet fitting into the radiator than before. Following the instructions from a previous post I fashioned a retaining bracket from an old wire coat-hanger which fits around the switch and over the top of the radiator. This is holding the switch firmly in place and doesn't look too bad either. I have attached a photo j...
No articles written by this Member yet.