Last Saturday I pulled off the carbs, intake manifold and side covers to put on new side cover gaskets. In the process I removed and replaced the oil breather medium in the front side cover, as my oil consumption is high and there is a known problem with front breathers becoming partially clogged in such a way that they will pull oil through the breather. I had ripped the exhaust manifold gasket taking off the manifolds and lost one of the two side cover gaskets I bought earlier so I couldn't finish in one day. I checked Moss and TRF but ended up with Moss and they had the parts on my front porch in two days! Today I scraped off the old intake/exhaust gasket off the head and put on the new side cover gaskets- cork with a smear of non hardening gasket sealer on both sides. We'll see how that does. I put the new exhaust/intake manifold gasket- a nice metal one, replaced the manifolds and tightened up the manifold bolts to 15 lbs. One nut tightened up fine and then gave me the distinct feeling it was either stripped or snapping the stud, but sometimes when the torque wrench clicks and you're not expecting it it may feel that way so I backed it off and stud and nut all seemed OK. So I put it on as tight as I could with the torque wrench, but about 10 lbs and it feels likes its about to go loose so I stopped and figured its good enough. I have snapped studs before and don't want to go through all that mess if its going to be fine as is. I'll finish putting on the carbs, etc tomorrow.