Well it appears I no longer have the battery drain on the GT. I went back over the wiring for the fuse box/relays I got from Limey. Found that one of the relays was staying energized all the time. Did a little rewiring and now the battery seems to be holding charge. I'll watch it for a few days to confirm the fix. It's always the little things.
Spent a good part of the day working on the wiring on the GT. The car has a drain somewhere that I have been unable to locate. If the car sits for two days the battery will be dead. Seems easy enough to find, but so far no luck.
I do not show any draw on the battery with a meter, so I'm not sure what's going on. I may just get a battery disconnect until I can figure this out. The problem started way back when we were doing the restoration, so I'm sure it is in the original wire up that we did. I may have to go back to the beginning and do a rewire with the orignal fuse block. I had replaced it with a new fuse block and relays from Limey.
Everything seems to work fine. I had originally had a problem with the generator not putting out any voltage, but I replaced it with an alternator and I'm getting good voltage out now.
I also had a problem with my headlights not working after I installed the radio. Pulled the radio today and fixed that problem. Not really sure what was going on there either as the lights started working as soon as I disconnected the radio. For right now I can live without the radio.
The overddrive decided to stop working. Haven't gotten around to checking it out yet. I did bypass the vacuum switch but it didn't help. I guess I have my work cut out for me this weekend.
Hoping to take the GT on a road trip soon, so just as a little bit of insurance I stuck an electric fan on the GT. The car does pretty good around town and on short runs on the interstate, but I haven't driven any long extended distances yet.
I had a 10" Hayden fan so I figured I would stick it in the car as an added precaution. Better safe than sorry.
Ever since I brought the GT home it has been very hard to start in the morning. Cranks and cranks, but once it started and ran for a while it was fine. Started every time. Next morning, same thing, very hard to start.
A few minutes ago I went out and adjusted the choke linkage. Will find out in the morning if this helped.
UPDDATE: Went out this morning, pulled the choke and the GT started right up. Looks like the adjustment I made to the choke linkage did the trick. Another check off on my ever shortening list of things to work on.
Finally installed the combination radio/dvd/gps system in the GT. Never had a working radio in the roadster and always used an external GPS for travel. The GT didn't have a radio so all we had was the hole in the dash. I picked up this unit on clearance at Walmart. Really a nice unit.
The dash behind the unit is absolutely stuffed. One of the problems with modern units is all the possible combinations of audio/media capabilities. With that comes all the associated wiring. What a mess. Hopefully I won't have to get back there to do anything because I would have to remove the unit to access anything.