I never expected to get an MGB, much less a project car of any sort. But when an old acquaintance called to tell me about an MGB he found in a guy's storage shed I knew I had to check it out. At first I was going to see if my Dad would be interested, but as I got there and saw the condition of the car, I realized that this was the project for me.
The previous owner started disassembling the car to restore it, but it appears he gave up the project and moved onto other things. Despite looking like a lot was missing, nearly everything is there, and most of what was disassembled was in labelled containers.
After bringing the car home to my garage, I started with doing an inventory, then set to work freeing up the stuck passenger side drum brake that locked up while rolling the car backwards off the trailer. I first tried to adjust the drum brake, but then decided since I'm stripping the car down anyways and planning to replace the whole braking system, to simply remove the shoes and springs, and slid the drum back on.
In a couple weeks it will start getting too cold to work in the garage, so tonight I pulled off the fuel tank to see if rust had started eating at the top of the tank, but found the floor of the trunk and the top of the tank to be solid.
I'm not sure how much I'll get done before it gets put on pause for the winter, but I'm already having a blast.