I was able to finish work on the stow-away top bows, cleaned them up, de-rusted them, primmed and then painted grey with Rustoleum. I also posted a question on the forum about the need for navy blue/blue top pictures,everyone is so nice on providing the pictures of the tops. I would like to go with the fabric navy blue if it is in my budget.
My vendor promptly gave me credit for wrong clamp. I will be picking one up from local auto store. I will finish soon installing my new stainless steel falcon big bore exhaust system. On another note I also primed my boot for paint yesterday, I will have to post a picture!
Spent 2 hrs figuring out that the clamp that was sent for my Falcon Big Bore system, was the wrong one. I contacted by e-mail my parts supplier to see how to rectify the situation. The part number in the bag was the right number but clamp is way too small. Did paint some weld spots so that is out of the way.
Yesterday ordered a few parts for the car. I will finally finish installation of my new stainless steel exhaust. Ordered the battery buckets and will move the battery back to where it belongs. I also ordered a bunch of nuts and bolt packages to put fenders, splash guards and bumpers back on. Didn't feel like cleaning up rusty, greasy weak nuts and bolts. Staying out of the shop til it warms up a bit and I get rid of my cough, worked one day last week in the shop and that evening my cough from a bad cold returned with a vengance. Did manage to weld up a couple pinholes and start fabricating a patch on frame where it had rusted under passenger front fender. All in all, I love working on the car, I just drift away from the world and all its problems. Did feel bad when my son came out to mess with the shop fire wood ( he has no interest in the car , ) made him leave,explained to him latter some times I want to be alone without distractions.
Yesterday I spent a better part of the day cleaning the boot on my car. I also tried welding up a couple pinholes located where the exhaust is.Got one, will try again later on the other one. Using wire brush on drill and a 3m abrasive wheel sure make a big difference. I've also removed where extra fuel line came into the fuel tank (new tank has no fuel recovery PO had it removed), starting to look clean again. Cold out in the shop,39F. Husband split wood and temp went up to 50F.
On another note, my friend Tim passed away suddenly last week at the age of 57yrs. I spent 6 yrs co-coaching the local High School track team with him. He was a good person and friend, we got along very well. He always asked how my restoration was going and we talked often about cars.
Today was a good day to gather up old metal, carpet and interior pieces and put them in the garbage or recycling bin. I have to make more room for my husband's work area as he will be retiring at the end of the month, (37years) and likes to wood work.
I've bought some touchup paint spray,(bronze yellow) and will finish my boot. I'm just doing the basics of removing flaking paint and rust right now. Hope it turns out. I'm also removing the old calking material and replacing. The trunk light is out and so is all the wiring, I will be removing the gas tank(new) and fixing rust pin holes.
The back of the boot has some rough cut speaker holes that need attention. They are really sharp and jagged, so I will smooth them out and make sure they look the same.